New PC

kissie

So Hello there, I'm trying to build a pc but have no idea what is compatable with what, baisicly I'm total newb when It comes to this. I've had my current pc for 2 years and It was outdated back then so now It's pretty far behind anything reasonable, so I'm asking you guys to help me out here. My buget is 1200e i'm from serbia(3rd world yey) and yea, I was planing to use that rig for streaming >_>

Dude, use PCpartpicker... 
it will show you if something is incompatible

https://pcpartpicker.com/

and also allow you to keep track of what you are building along the lines of cost, have fun with it, but I am sure the community here will be able to help with any general questions you might have. 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

6 minutes ago, kissie said:

So Hello there, I'm trying to build a pc but have no idea what is compatable with what, baisicly I'm total newb when It comes to this. I've had my current pc for 2 years and It was outdated back then so now It's pretty far behind anything reasonable, so I'm asking you guys to help me out here. My buget is 1200e i'm from serbia(3rd world yey) and yea, I was planing to use that rig for streaming >_>

heyy :)

is it 1200 euros or 1200 serbian dinars (I'm not sure if it's correct but it says its equivalent to 10 euros)?

Just now, ooof.u said:

heyy :)

is it 1200 euros or 1200 serbian dinars (I'm not sure if it's correct but it says its equivalent to 10 euros)?

1200euros

1 minute ago, kissie said:

1200euros

Do you atleast know what components to choose or are you absolutely new to this?

40 minutes ago, ooof.u said:

Do you atleast know what components to choose or are you absolutely new to this?

Complete newb. That's why I came here

3 hours ago, kissie said:

Complete newb. That's why I came here

oh ok sorry for the late reply

what do you think about this one? 

This motherboard doesn't have wi-fi, do you need it or are you only going to use ethernet?

9 minutes ago, ooof.u said:

oh ok sorry for the late reply

what do you think about this one? 

This motherboard doesn't have wi-fi, do you need it or are you only going to use ethernet?

I'm gonna be using ethernet, oh and I can use those 110$ that went to os on something else. I've bought 2xCopies of windows a while back when I decided to upgrade, one I'm using on this pc right now, and one is collecting dust somewhere in my room, so, could I add those 100$ to a video card or? Btw those specs are at least 100% better than ones I'm using right now, I have AMD RADEON R7 250 and I don't think they make those cards anymore xd

10 minutes ago, kissie said:

I'm gonna be using ethernet, oh and I can use those 110$ that went to os on something else. I've bought 2xCopies of windows a while back when I decided to upgrade, one I'm using on this pc right now, and one is collecting dust somewhere in my room, so, could I add those 100$ to a video card or? Btw those specs are at least 100% better than ones I'm using right now, I have AMD RADEON R7 250 and I don't think they make those cards anymore xd

You can use those 100$ to buy whatever is more important to you (storage, memory,etc), the 5700XT is an absolute beast right now for the price. If you want to upgrade it, try to see the price for the 2070 super

2 minutes ago, ooof.u said:

You can use those 100$ to buy whatever is more important to you (storage, memory,etc), the 5700XT is an absolute beast right now for the price. If you want to upgrade it, try to see the price for the 2070 super

Aight, thanks a bunch dude. Let's hope everything goes according to plan :)

• 4 months later...

Budget (including currency): 2000E(euros)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly FPS games, Twitch and video edit

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 
Aight, so, so far I've decided to go with following parts:
CPU: AMD AM4 Ryzen 7 3800X, 4.5GHz BOX
GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER ZOTAC AMP 8GB, GDDR6/HDMI/3xDP/256bit/ZT-Z20820D-10P

SSD: SSD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS V-NAND NVMe

HDD: ?
Memory: DIMM DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz Kingston HyperX Predator CL16, HX432C16PB3K2/16
Motherboad: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
Case: ?

Power Supply:?
Everything with "?" is still to be decided, so I'm asking you guys to kinda help me out over here with and if I should swap anything and with those "?" thanks in advance. Also I'm planing on buying pretty much any decent monitor with 144hz refresh rate :) cheers

i would wait for the nvidia 3000 series release, which happens next week.

for case, go with something that has a mesh front, like the p300a mesh or meshify C

for psu, depends on what you find in the local shops. look in the PSU tier list in my signature and pick something that is Tier A. 550-650W should be enough.

the hdd isn't that important. just make sure it's 7200rpm.

52 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

i would wait for the nvidia 3000 series release, which happens next week.

for case, go with something that has a mesh front, like the p300a mesh or meshify C

for psu, depends on what you find in the local shops. look in the PSU tier list in my signature and pick something that is Tier A. 550-650W should be enough.

the hdd isn't that important. just make sure it's 7200rpm.

With info I have 3060 will be around 600e and will come out november, but then again if 3070,3080 is around same price tag as 2080super, Im going for it. Thanks for suggestion :)

1 minute ago, kissie said:

With info I have 3060 will be around 600e and will come out november, but then again if 3070,3080 is around same price tag as 2080super, Im going for it. Thanks for suggestion :)

yes, the 3060 will most likely come out later, but the 3070 should come out in september and I don't expect it being more than $600 or so, with at least 2080 performance.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($339.97 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.49 @ B&H) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($66.49 @ Staples) 
Storage: Toshiba P300 500 GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($73.79 @ Amazon) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa J24 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Raidmax Cobra 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply 
Monitor: LG LC24RG50FQNXZA 23.5" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor 
Total: $754.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-02 20:03 EDT-0400 

Waiting for 3080 to come out to add it to bunch. What are your opinions? and yes I know I should have went with 3700x ...

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

The 3800X is great

The PSU though... you could've went for one with less wattage and better quality, 850W is plenty for the 3080 

I hope I won't destroy anything with it. I kinda saw gold certificate and was like hey this looks good and went with it. Probably going to replace it sometime in near future

-= Topics Merged =-

Please do not repost the same topic over. Members are allowed to revive their own topics.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

8 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

-= Topics Merged =-

Please do not repost the same topic over. Members are allowed to revive their own topics.

boi. thank you. Anyways, since i haven't put the parts inside the case yet, is anyone here using raidmax nowdays? I don't really want to cause damage to any of my parts but again if I have to spend additional 100$ on a psu I might as well. All reviews I found on the internet are from like 2016 or before that. 

47 minutes ago, Caroline said:

you won't blow up anything

80+ isn't an indicator of build quality, it's simply an efficiency rating

and under normal circumstances you shouldn't have to replace your PSU in the near future, some units are great and can work up to 10+ years (or more) without issues, if you take care of them

Thing is I live in Serbia. Basic power supply here that is around 550W bronze is around 100e+ and 850w psu is 180e+ and I just don't have that kind of money left. I will probably use this psu, if It runs anyways for a month or two and see how it behaves.That's why I went with 1000w so I don't push it too much and based on my 2hrs worth of resarch on the internet it's either hit or miss with this.

Update yet again on this topic. My retailer was just here, have a refund for that case you order and those memory sticks. So right now I'm left with around 200E but without a case and memory. So anyone has any suggestion on what should I get for those parts above? Or should I just stick with it and find it elsewhere?