Pritunl Suddenly Unsigned

RandomTechPerson

Hi guys, I was trying to download reinstall a program called pritunl for my VPN, and for some reason window has blocked the download and given me a smartscreen error saying it could potentially cause harm bla bla bla. Should I just ignore the warnings? I am just a security freak and want to make sure I'm not downloading a Trojan or some other internet garbage.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:45 PM, RandomTechPerson said:

Hi guys, I was trying to download reinstall a program called pritunl for my VPN, and for some reason window has blocked the download and given me a smartscreen error saying it could potentially cause harm bla bla bla. Should I just ignore the warnings? I am just a security freak and want to make sure I'm not downloading a Trojan or some other internet garbage.

Just ignore that. PriTunel uses the OpenVPN backend, that's may be the reason why your windows warns you outright. I've personally tried PriTunl and the SmartScreen warning appeared to me as well

If you prefer, you can use the actual OpenVPN it should still work, use the OpenVPN V3. It's still in Beta but is way more convenient to setup. (I've personally switched from PriTunel's native client to OpenVPN, I find it more detailed and actually has a bandwidth report on the client side. It allows me to save the username/password(PIN) as well, making logins more convenient. https://openvpn.net/client-connect-vpn-for-windows/

Here's a screenshot, im actually running one now :)

image.png.bba13ac79ef0a6adecda7cda5b8793c9.png

PS: You loose certain features though; specifically the auto configuration and auto-update configuration. But that's a tradeoff im willing to letgo

Downloading RAM . . . 1%