Corrupt SSD vs Motherboard

Hey guys, I put together a rig last week that wasn't without some difficulties in the windows installation part of it.

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 UD  
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  
GPU: MSI RTX 2070  
Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200  
SSD: Samsung Evo 840 250gb (old from previous build 2014)  
HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200 (old from previous build 2014)

In trying to install windows 10 last week, I ran into an issue where during installation to my SSD, when I get to the "this might take several minutes" screen, the screen would go black and the monitor would no longer pick up any signals from the computer (and this is after having deleted the partitions in the old SSD and HDD as well as formatting them following the creation of new partitions for the SSD for windows).

I tried installing Windows to my HDD, with no issues whatsoever, and following a reformat of the SSD again, I was able to reinstall windows on the SSD. There were some strange issues I ran into along the way during this. Once I began to install my NVIDIA graphics drivers, during installation the screen would go black and even after having waited up to an hour, I would do a hard reset, and upon reboot, the monitor would black out again to "no signal".

Rig works great for about a week with full gaming on Witcher, COD, Metro, all with no issues and good performance in both FPS and temps until I decide I want to change a couple CPU fan settings on the BIOS and upon reboot, the screen goes black and "no signal" again. I wanted to change CPU fan settings because during idle the fan would jump up and it was a bit annoying.

Fast forward to now where I eventually run into an SrtTrail.exe error, and after hours of running through different command prompts with Microsoft Tech Support, they suggested a clean reinstallation where I ran right back into the same issues as I had before in the first installation, where I had to reformat the SSD again and reinstall windows where I'm able to sit on home screen and even got a chance to google a download for crystal disk mark. Except this time, in downloading a .zip file for crystal disk mark, the monitor cuts back to black again and upon hard reboot...does not boot.

I am not sure if it is an issue with Windows, but at this point it seems to be leading towards the SSD. Thoughts?

EDIT: Plugged the SSD into my brother's PC, and booted fine with 0 issues. Tested RAM in his PC as well with no issues. I'm thinking it may be the motherboard, but I have no idea other way to tell if it is the sole issue? 

EDIT 2: Tried to use different SATA cables, plugged into different SATA ports on the motherboard, plugged the power connectors in and out on motherboard and GPU. Windows tech guy suggested it could be the motherboard, but I'm confused because the HDD boots fine on it.

3 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

So do you have the same issues on the HDD or just when booting from the SSD?

Just when booting from SSD

Then I would suggest replacing the SSD. Also check if still has warranty, some Samsung SSDs have a pretty long warranty period. It might also just be an issue with the SSD storage controller. On older SSDs sometimes there were issues with specific controllers in combination with some motherboard chipsets. Try a different brand and model like Crucial MX for example. Also your board should allow you to mount an M.2 drive instead of a SATA SSD.

On 4/9/2020 at 11:21 AM, Applefreak said:

Then I would suggest replacing the SSD. Also check if still has warranty, some Samsung SSDs have a pretty long warranty period. It might also just be an issue with the SSD storage controller. On older SSDs sometimes there were issues with specific controllers in combination with some motherboard chipsets. Try a different brand and model like Crucial MX for example. Also your board should allow you to mount an M.2 drive instead of a SATA SSD.

So I have purchased a new SSD. The SSD resolved the SrtTrail error, but I still get the same issue. I have also tried a brand new Ryzen 5 3600, RAM, and Power Supply. I have also tried my brother's 1660Ti in my build, and when I do, I no longer get this issue. Conversely, when he uses my RTX 2070, he has no issues running the card, but he is on an i5 and micro ATX motherboard. Is this a windows issue, incompatibility issue?