Rgb doesnt work like it should

NewUser99900
Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,

Might be.  It also might have badly connected pins somewhere.  Remember RGB is three colors combined to make many colors.  It sounds like there’s something wrong with the blue.  It sounds like blue is not getting as bright as it is supposed to or something.  What defines the color is the voltage the led receives.  That you are getting green at all implies the blue is getting some voltage.  Either it isn’t getting enough or the others are getting too much.... or is it blue that is getting too much?  Argh.  I think in subtractive color which is CMY rather than additive color which is RGB.  Maybe look at an additive color wheel to see where the problem is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_color

Hello

I'm using the Enermax T.B. Rgb 6x 120mm Fans with the control box and remote. 

Now its starts getting really annoying that the rgb function doesnt work and all colours are kind of dead. 

The only colors that work are green red and the middle of it like yellow and orange. All other colors like blue are now dark green or something like that. Very weird. Is the Cobtrol box broken?

Might be.  It also might have badly connected pins somewhere.  Remember RGB is three colors combined to make many colors.  It sounds like there’s something wrong with the blue.  It sounds like blue is not getting as bright as it is supposed to or something.  What defines the color is the voltage the led receives.  That you are getting green at all implies the blue is getting some voltage.  Either it isn’t getting enough or the others are getting too much.... or is it blue that is getting too much?  Argh.  I think in subtractive color which is CMY rather than additive color which is RGB.  Maybe look at an additive color wheel to see where the problem is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_color

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Is It possible to open the control box without destroying it? And it's also not connected to the MB. Only power and the infra red thing and the 6 fans are connected to the box so idk which pins I could repair. But ty for your answer 

15 minutes ago, NewUser99900 said:

Is It possible to open the control box without destroying it? And it's also not connected to the MB. Only power and the infra red thing and the 6 fans are connected to the box so idk which pins I could repair. But ty for your answer 

I know nothing about the control box I’m afraid.    I know a bit about color in general but near nothing about how the electronics you are using work.

if one color is not happening at all there is a connection break somewhere.  If only some is getting through on one color it could be there is a piece of gunge inside one of the connectors that is causing a partial connection.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.