First time builder

Looking to build a gaming PC later this year probably around September.  I've got a general idea on how to build it with some help from LTT but I'm not sure whats the best budget build currently. 

I'm looking to spend no more than $800 and I've got no allegiance to red or blue so I'm open to suggestions. The pc with be mostly used for gaming with maybe a little casual use for school work but I have a laptop for that. The games would mostly consist of Rocket League, Borderlands, and COD. I do have an xbox one s currently and the monitor I use for that is an Acer Nitro QG1 Gaming Monitor with AMD FreeSync up to 75 Hz. I'd like to keep this monitor to save on expenses. Note: This only has an HDMI port and I'm not sure how adapters from DP to HDMI work, mainly if any quality is lost. Aesthetics don't really matter to me since it will most likely just sit under my desk so I'm going for the most performance out of every dollar I spend.

I seriously have no clue where to start for parts. Your help is much appreciated!

ask again 1-2 weeks before you're ready to buy, anything we give you now will be irrelevant by then.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W