Corsair iCue Software Died Again!!

bANONYMOUS
Go to solution Solved by bANONYMOUS,

Okay, so, after trying a new NVMe with a fresh install of Windows, I tried only iCue and everything works but I can't control the motherboard RGB, obviously. I uninstalled iCue, installed RGB Fusion, I can control the motherboard RGB just fine and even the Corsair RAM now without issues.
So the issue ends up being RGB Fusion and iCue installed at the same time ends up corrupting something with Windows when both are present. Because everything is working on this fresh install but when I went back to my main install of Windows, problems persisted.

HOWEVER!, this afternoon, my 1080ti got delivered, so I shut everything down, tossed that in.2wqzUS8.jpg

And it was a TIGHT FIT so I'm kind of glad taking those 140 fans off the h115i fixed the RGB momentarily yesterday.
rcLP14y.jpg

I had to install yet another RGB program to control the RGB in the new GPU, and now, suddenly iCue just decided to start working again normally, no issues with RGB fusion, and now this new third program by EVGA, but everything is actually working perfectly. I have no idea what's going on, but a combination of removing the fans from the h115i and installing the EVGA software fixed my issues and now everything is working again.

eOnsw8J.jpg

rsgayVZ.jpg

So, Conclusion, if anyone else is having this issue, it's RGB Fusion and iCue conflicting and it breaks your install of Windows, you need to do a fresh install of Windows to correct the issue, only use one of the two programs, or happen to luck out by installing the EVGA software on top of already having RGB Fusion and iCue installed, and then everything just glitches itself backout into a working state.

Now an actual fix for this issue that I've been trying to figure out, is Thermaltake AIO coolers, they're compatible with RGB Fusion, and you can apparently repin the Corsair fans to be compatible, it's only the Corsair PLUGS that don't work with Gigabyte, I found a few things on reddit and some videos on youtube about this where someone just replaced the Corsair RGB connectors with standard fan header connectors, MSI has a document for what wires are which signal because some MSI stuff has the proprietary Corsair RGB header on the motherboard.

So the ACTUAL FIXES, I have three methods, none of them are great.

Fix 1) Replace everything Corsair with an RGB Fusion certified brand, Thermaltake AIO Coolers seem to be  the best bag for buck from what I found and they actually perform better than the Corsair stuff from some benchmark videos I saw, so, might be worth looking into for a small performance gain in thermals.

Fix 2) Rewire all of the Corsair Fans to be compatible with the standard RGB headers most manufacturers use, as for the AIO pump, cover it in tape, it'll always flash RGB without iCue installed.

Fix 3) This seems to be the best solution for most, it's a hassle, but, the most effective and doesn't cost anything. From what I found thought my testing is that RGB Fusion saves the settings in BIOS, so even with the program uninstalled, it still activates the motherboard RGB to white while it's on, and when it's off it has a breathing effect with purple RGB, turns out the EVGA software ALSO does the same thing by saving the RGB settings either to the system BIOS or the GPU BIOS, either way, all you need to do, is install say RGB Fusion, set all your motherboard settings to how you want it, save, reboot to make sure they stay in effect, once back at the desktop, uninstall RGB Fusion, go on to the EVGA software, repeat, once RGB Fusion and EVGA are set and uninstalled, install iCue, and leave that installed as it only activates your profiles once in Windows.

This way you can set the motherboard, set the GPU, and still have Corsairs proprietary software that refuses to play nice with others.

But anyway, thanks for the help, got it all figured out, but to end this on a bold note, I bought a NZXT H510 Elite and looking at two Thermaltake AIO coolers lol, I'm getting rid of everything Corsair so I only need to run RGB Fusion, and with the NZXT Kraken G12, I won't need the EVGA software becuase I'll be replacing the entire cooler with one of the two Thermaltake AIO's I ordered.

So if anyone wants a Corsair Spec-OMEGA RGB, a bunch of 120 HD fans, and an H115i, they'll be on ebay as soon as the new stuff arrives haha

I'm getting really sick of Corsair being so expensive and nothing ever working properly. I really had high hopes that if I forked out the cash to go all Corsair, it would all work, and here we are again, I think this is the 4th or 5th time now this has happened and it literally just fixes itself, so this is mostly a rant, but also if anyone has any idea's how to fix this and stop it from happening in the future, let me know, I hate waiting for an iCue update and then suddenly everything just works again.

I have a Corsair Spec-OMEGA RGB case, has the little RGB strip on the front, and then I have three Corsair HD 120's on the front, and one Corsair HD 120 on the rear. For whatever reason, all of those just decided to stop working this morning, I literally did nothing, I left the computer on over night while a youtube video was uploading, and when I went on the computer this morning, all of those were just off, and this isn't the first time this has happened, it's done this quite a few times, sometimes just a few fans will go out, the RGB strip has always worked, but it'll get stuck on rainbow vomit mode and in the iCue software, the entire controller for the Spec OMEGA won't come up.

This time, it happened again, the case is not showing up in iCue, except none of the RGB works now, but the fans all do still have power and are working. When I reboot the computer, they don't default to rainbow vomit, nothing happens.

The Corsair Vengance RGB Pro RAM is still "working" but frequently glitches out, if I try to control it with RGB Fusion, it will also glitch out, the only thing currently working is the Corsair H115i Platinum RGB AIO Cooler, the water block and fans work normally, sometimes.

So this is how it sits, rear HD 120, three front HD 120's, and the SpecOMEGA strip are all not lighting up
hLJr1WG.jpg

You can see here that the h115i, Vengance RGB Pro, and Aorus Xtreme RGB are all working, everything set to white.
TiykQoi.jpg

Randomly this will happen for no reason, the waterblock and fans on the H115i will just decide they want to be in rainbow vomit mode and occasionally (didn't get it in the picture), either the second or third memory DIMM will switch to red and only the two outer top and bottom, and then the centre LED's will illuminate. But it only flashes for a second or two and goes right back so it's hard to get a picture of it.
ZkbxiGd.jpg

and finally, if I try to control the RGB for the RAM using RGB Fusion, this happens, and it's always a different glitch, will happen with different colours, different modules, and different LED's everytime.
0bfmnM4.jpg

In iCue you can see the H115i is showing and I checked for updates, and it's on the latest firmware (1.01.15)
QqAeLxz.jpg

The RAM is also showing, checked for updates and also on the latest firmware (1.02.64)
JCQ9tMU.jpg

The iCue software is also updated to the latest version (3.27.68) and I have checked for BIOS updates, but I'm still on the latest one (F9c)
I've tried restarting the computer, uninstalling RGB Fusion and only having iCue installed, reversing that step, tried uninstalling iCue and RBG Fusion on their own and together without any fixes there, I've searched for Windows updates, Graphics card updates, everything is up to date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything as I could, I even went as far as taking the entire case apart and checking all of the runs for the RGB and there are no kinks or breaks in any of the wires, the RGB controller that is included with the case is still in good shape, not warm or showing any signs of over heating, I opened it up and doesn't show any signs of any corrosion or a failed component shorting out.

So, any suggestions? If I can't get this figured out, I'm switching to NZXT, I paid too much money for this to sit here hours on end trying to figure out these stupid things when I should be editing videos lol
Also, from the beginning of this post to the end of it just now, all four of the HD 120's just stopped working lol. I hate Corsair so much right now.

Desktop: CASE: NZXT H510 Elite CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro GPU: 11GB EVGA FTW3 1080ti NVMe: 3x1TB  XPG Gammix S11 HDD: 1x8TB Barracuda PSU: HX1200 OS: Windows 10 Pro b19043
Laptop: CASE: Asus Zephyrus Duo CPU: Intel i7-10875H RAM: 32GB SSD: 2x Samsung 1TB NVMe RAID 0 OS: Pop_OS 20.04 LTS

Mobile: MODEL: Galaxy S21 Ultra  SSD: 128GB RAM: 12GB OS: Unlocked One UI 3.1 Android 11

Mobile: MODEL: Nubia Red Magic 5G SSD: 256GB RAM: 12GB OS: Rooted RM5S Android 11

i've only had issues if any other RGB software was installed.  The asus software would give me the same issue with the RAM.
it doesn't look like its even detecting the USB connections other then the cooler.

How do you have your commander pro or lightning node pro connected?  i assume you needed a USB2 hub as well?

(I had just used a nzxt one https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub )

Some good wiring diagrams can be found here:
https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

I just noticed from that post about your case:

Spec Omega RGB
Supplied Devices, 1 x Spec Omega edition Lighting Node Pro. This differs from a Normal Lighting Node pro as it's LED channel 1 is set to power the front chassis lighting's 30 LED's, it appears in iCUE as the Spec Omega rather than a normal Lighting Node Pro.

2 x HD 120 RGB Fans, 1 x RGB Fan LED Hub

32 minutes ago, bANONYMOUS said:

So, any suggestions? If I can't get this figured out, I'm switching to NZXT, I paid too much money for this to sit here hours on end trying to figure out these stupid things when I should be editing videos lol
Also, from the beginning of this post to the end of it just now, all four of the HD 120's just stopped working lol. I hate Corsair so much right now.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

51 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

How do you have your commander pro or lightning node pro connected?  i assume you needed a USB2 hub as well?

I have it plugged into the internal USB headers off of the motherboard, the case doesn't use a normal USB A cable, it has the motherboard connector on the end and plugs directly into the board.

I was messing around and when I unhooked both fans from the h115i, everything started working again, those fans aren't even hooked up into the same hub as everything else so that makes no sense at all.

Since I had it working I decided to check for updates in iCue for the SpecOMEGA and it was also already on the latest version (0.10.4)
Vbho9F3.jpg

Before I took the 140mm fans off of the h115i, I was able to get a shot of the weird thing the RAM does where only the outsides and middle will light up red for about a second or two then go back to normal, and it only does this on one of the two middle ones, but never at the same time.
tChy7Rx.jpg

With the two h115i fans unhooked, the rear HD 120 is working
j6055PU.jpg

and the front strip, as well as the three other HD 120's are all working
MfyUYbw.jpg

Inside with the two 140mm removed from the h115i and the rainbow vomit in full order.
hg8OOwg.jpg

This is without a doubt the most confusing mess of RGB nonsense, just for funzies, do anyone know if you can use Corsair everything with the Aorus RGB controller that comes with the Aorus Xtreme Z390? I've never looked into it because after setting up the Corsair stuff, it just worked so I left it, and then as time goes on it's been problem after problem again, so if that other controller that's included with my motherboard will work with Corsair stuff, that might be my answer.

Desktop: CASE: NZXT H510 Elite CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro GPU: 11GB EVGA FTW3 1080ti NVMe: 3x1TB  XPG Gammix S11 HDD: 1x8TB Barracuda PSU: HX1200 OS: Windows 10 Pro b19043
Laptop: CASE: Asus Zephyrus Duo CPU: Intel i7-10875H RAM: 32GB SSD: 2x Samsung 1TB NVMe RAID 0 OS: Pop_OS 20.04 LTS

Mobile: MODEL: Galaxy S21 Ultra  SSD: 128GB RAM: 12GB OS: Unlocked One UI 3.1 Android 11

Mobile: MODEL: Nubia Red Magic 5G SSD: 256GB RAM: 12GB OS: Rooted RM5S Android 11

Oh hey, remember that joke I said when everything was working, oh man, funny me, Corsair pulled a fast one again..
Literally posted that reply, and then this

Rear HD 120 stopped spinning and only one LED is on and red
oeVsLTk.jpg

All three front HD 120's are spinning, but have also followed a similar LED theme, only one LED for each is on, and they are yellow for fan two, green for fan three, and blue for fan four, is this some kind of diagnostics code?
eiGPpSP.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of the closes poltergeist? This thing clearly has a case of the demons. Either that or April 1st just ripped me a new one.

Wait... Is this a Corsair April fools joke?

1 hour ago, bANONYMOUS said:

I have it plugged into the internal USB headers off of the motherboard, the case doesn't use a normal USB A cable, it has the motherboard connector on the end and plugs directly into the board.

My MB only has 2 USB2 headers,  but my HX850 and H115i both used those connectors as well, so I needed the extra headers for the commander pro and LNP.

it looks more like a conflict of software.  You could try and disable everything from startup,  then start icue, then start the others one at a time and see if anything triggers.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

I think I'm making progress, given what you said about trying to disable other programs at startup, I looked into whether or not I could use RGB Fusion to control Corsair fans, I kind of remember having issues trying to figure out an adapter or something to hook them up, I can't remember why exactly I never tested the Aorus RGB Controller that was included with the motherboard, I just remember the Corsair controller with the case was hooked up first and I just left it because it was working.

But now looking into this further, I found this video about RGB fusion glitching out for no reason over time, and I think RGB Fusion is glitching out iCue.

Right about 3 minutes into this video, he explains about the notification area, and mine doesn't show RGB Fusion and it used to before all of this happened, so I think this is whatever the issue is, and his fix was doing a clean install of Windows, so I'm going to swap out my NVMe and do a fresh install, only install iCue, and report back.

Okay, so, after trying a new NVMe with a fresh install of Windows, I tried only iCue and everything works but I can't control the motherboard RGB, obviously. I uninstalled iCue, installed RGB Fusion, I can control the motherboard RGB just fine and even the Corsair RAM now without issues.
So the issue ends up being RGB Fusion and iCue installed at the same time ends up corrupting something with Windows when both are present. Because everything is working on this fresh install but when I went back to my main install of Windows, problems persisted.

HOWEVER!, this afternoon, my 1080ti got delivered, so I shut everything down, tossed that in.2wqzUS8.jpg

And it was a TIGHT FIT so I'm kind of glad taking those 140 fans off the h115i fixed the RGB momentarily yesterday.
rcLP14y.jpg

I had to install yet another RGB program to control the RGB in the new GPU, and now, suddenly iCue just decided to start working again normally, no issues with RGB fusion, and now this new third program by EVGA, but everything is actually working perfectly. I have no idea what's going on, but a combination of removing the fans from the h115i and installing the EVGA software fixed my issues and now everything is working again.

eOnsw8J.jpg

rsgayVZ.jpg

So, Conclusion, if anyone else is having this issue, it's RGB Fusion and iCue conflicting and it breaks your install of Windows, you need to do a fresh install of Windows to correct the issue, only use one of the two programs, or happen to luck out by installing the EVGA software on top of already having RGB Fusion and iCue installed, and then everything just glitches itself backout into a working state.

Now an actual fix for this issue that I've been trying to figure out, is Thermaltake AIO coolers, they're compatible with RGB Fusion, and you can apparently repin the Corsair fans to be compatible, it's only the Corsair PLUGS that don't work with Gigabyte, I found a few things on reddit and some videos on youtube about this where someone just replaced the Corsair RGB connectors with standard fan header connectors, MSI has a document for what wires are which signal because some MSI stuff has the proprietary Corsair RGB header on the motherboard.

So the ACTUAL FIXES, I have three methods, none of them are great.

Fix 1) Replace everything Corsair with an RGB Fusion certified brand, Thermaltake AIO Coolers seem to be  the best bag for buck from what I found and they actually perform better than the Corsair stuff from some benchmark videos I saw, so, might be worth looking into for a small performance gain in thermals.

Fix 2) Rewire all of the Corsair Fans to be compatible with the standard RGB headers most manufacturers use, as for the AIO pump, cover it in tape, it'll always flash RGB without iCue installed.

Fix 3) This seems to be the best solution for most, it's a hassle, but, the most effective and doesn't cost anything. From what I found thought my testing is that RGB Fusion saves the settings in BIOS, so even with the program uninstalled, it still activates the motherboard RGB to white while it's on, and when it's off it has a breathing effect with purple RGB, turns out the EVGA software ALSO does the same thing by saving the RGB settings either to the system BIOS or the GPU BIOS, either way, all you need to do, is install say RGB Fusion, set all your motherboard settings to how you want it, save, reboot to make sure they stay in effect, once back at the desktop, uninstall RGB Fusion, go on to the EVGA software, repeat, once RGB Fusion and EVGA are set and uninstalled, install iCue, and leave that installed as it only activates your profiles once in Windows.

This way you can set the motherboard, set the GPU, and still have Corsairs proprietary software that refuses to play nice with others.

But anyway, thanks for the help, got it all figured out, but to end this on a bold note, I bought a NZXT H510 Elite and looking at two Thermaltake AIO coolers lol, I'm getting rid of everything Corsair so I only need to run RGB Fusion, and with the NZXT Kraken G12, I won't need the EVGA software becuase I'll be replacing the entire cooler with one of the two Thermaltake AIO's I ordered.

So if anyone wants a Corsair Spec-OMEGA RGB, a bunch of 120 HD fans, and an H115i, they'll be on ebay as soon as the new stuff arrives haha