Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Connorg27

Buzzing sound from GPU while gaming

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello guys, my 2080ti ftw3 ultra started to act weird today aftee being great for months. When i open a game, it will pulsate a buzz sound at loading screens and go constant in game. I find it hard to believe it's just coil whine as it never did this before, but I'm curious to know what you guys think. Also, I noticed loading screens now take a lot longer than they use to. 

For more info and possibly unrelated, the other day I went to turn on my PC and i shocked the power button. When it booted, there was a bios error message that said settings returned to default. I replaced the CMOS battery, and it was fine from there but thats when I noticed the buzz. I've already replaced the PSU, HDD, and gpu power cables. Still happening. Is it possible the shock from my finger hurt the MOBO and is causing a buzz? No buzz under CPU or memory stress, just gaming. 

52 minutes ago, Connorg27 said:

Hello guys, my 2080ti ftw3 ultra started to act weird today aftee being great for months. When i open a game, it will pulsate a buzz sound at loading screens and go constant in game. I find it hard to believe it's just coil whine as it never did this before, but I'm curious to know what you guys think. Also, I noticed loading screens now take a lot longer than they use to. 

For more info and possibly unrelated, the other day I went to turn on my PC and i shocked the power button. When it booted, there was a bios error message that said settings returned to default. I replaced the CMOS battery, and it was fine from there but thats when I noticed the buzz. I've already replaced the PSU, HDD, and gpu power cables. Still happening. Is it possible the shock from my finger hurt the MOBO and is causing a buzz? No buzz under CPU or memory stress, just gaming. 

Nobody out there to chime in??

It's possible it is just coil whine. My GPU has some coil whine when I'm gaming sometimes as well. Also please wait at least a few hours before bumping a thread. People will reply it just takes time.

CPU:                            AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

Motherboard:             ASUS Prime B450+

RAM:                           SK Hynix 8GB DDR4 2133MHZ

GPU:                           AMD(R) Radeon(TM) RX 570 4GB

Storage:                     240GB HP M700 + 1TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Toshiba HDD

Case:                          Deepcool Matrexx 55 Add-RGB

PSU:                           EVGA 80+ 500W

Display(s):                 Philips 243V 1920x1080 + HP 2009M 1600x900 + Acer V193W 1440x900

Cooling:                     Deepcool GAMMAXX L240 V2

keyboard:                  Logitech G512 SE

Mouse:                       PikTek RGB Gaming Mouse

Sound:                       MPOW-059

1 hour ago, Kiddo9000 said:

It's possible it is just coil whine. My GPU has some coil whine when I'm gaming sometimes as well. Also please wait at least a few hours before bumping a thread. People will reply it just takes time.

Sorry man your right, i was just freaking out and im a novice at best here on LTT but it wont happen again.

Does coil whine develop randomly even after a year or so? My old card had coil whine and this is more of an electrical buzzing that at times sounds like electrical farting in the sense that it pulses quickly, almost a squeel and then goes constant. I was thinking it might be the pcie slot on the MOBO but EVGA thinks it is a power delivery issue on the card itself. Just really dont want to go the RMA route especially with all this covid stuff going on. Thank you for the reply