First gaming rig

mhyde1482

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me save a little bit of money on my first pc. My specs that I plan on buying are listed below, but I would like to get a better cpu and get a gpu. Any suggestions?

CPU - AMD Ryzen Athlon 3000G 3.5 GHz Dual-Core Processor (comes with vega graphics)
Motherboard - ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory - Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage - Seagate FireCuda 1 TB 2.5" 5400RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive
Case - (Anything cheap basically) Cougar MX330-G ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply - Corsair VS 450 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

1. What is your budget

2. Where do you live?

3. Is this just for gaming or do you plan to stream?

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

4 minutes ago, mhyde1482 said:

I was wondering if someone could help me save a little bit of money on my first pc

You are already cutting quite a few corners I do not recommend cutting. You are getting the cheapest B450 board possible, the cheapest Corsair PSU possible, and you're not even using an SSD. My advice is to spend more money, not less, to improve the overall value of the system.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, mhyde1482 said:

My budget is around $450

Are you buying from the United States? Make sure you quote us so that we can see your responses.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Are you buying from the United States? Make sure you quote us so that we can see your responses.

Yes USE

6 minutes ago, mhyde1482 said:

Yes USE

This build is slightly over your budget, you should definitely get a used graphics card to put inside this build so that you can afford it. Compare GTX 1060 6GB and RX 580/480, as well as GTX 1060 3GB and RX 570/470.

You can add a hard drive later if you need more space. This build gives you a decent motherboard and power supply to upgrade with.

Edited by Fasauceome

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

This build is slightly over your budget, you should definitely get a used graphics card to put inside this build. Compare GTX 1060 6GB and RX 580/470, as well as GTX 1060 3GB and RX 570/470.

You can add a hard drive later if you need more space. This build gives you a decent motherboard and power supply to upgrade with.

Personally, I would go for a cheaper case, 8GB of RAM and Quad-Core CPU (maybe R3 1200). But that will be maybe a little over the budget.

2 minutes ago, Motooo said:

Personally, I would go for a cheaper case, 8GB of RAM and Quad-Core CPU (maybe R3 1200). But that will be maybe a little over the budget.

That case is really cheap, especially for what it offers. Lots of airflow, and lots of room to build (plus it looks great). 8GB is workable, but it's only saving like $20 or less for a mere half the ram. 

There are good deals for 4 cores on the used market, the 1200 and 2200G go for about $65 on eBay so that would be a welcome improvement

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Motooo said:

I'm willing to go a bit over budget. I am not a huge gamer, so this is good.

Just now, Fasauceome said:

That case is really cheap, especially for what it offers. Lots of airflow, and lots of room to build (plus it looks great). 8GB is workable, but it's only saving like $20 or less for a mere half the ram. 

There are good deals for 4 cores on the used market, the 1200 and 2200G go for about $65 on eBay so that would be a welcome improvement

I'll look into that and see if anybody is selling.