Thoughts on zeal Pink Rosélios / Sakurios Mechanical Switches

Im making my own custom keyboard soon and i was wondering the thoughts on Zeal's Pink Rosélios / Sakurios silent switches. Coming from gateron reds how does the feel compare, or what other mechanical switches would you recommend. Ive heard a lot of good about them but was wondering what you guys think as consumers

they're alright, springs are pretty bad so if you're getting them swap them out for something like a tx or kmac spring. If you want silent switches the best imo are mx zilents (ZealPC housing with a MX Silent red/black stem, they have a bit less travel but sound a lot better and feel softer. Silent Ink switches are also pretty good, and are much better value compared to the zeals. 

18 minutes ago, b emoji said:

they're alright, springs are pretty bad so if you're getting them swap them out for something like a tx or kmac spring. If you want silent switches the best imo are mx zilents (ZealPC housing with a MX Silent red/black stem, they have a bit less travel but sound a lot better and feel softer. Silent Ink switches are also pretty good, and are much better value compared to the zeals. 

Nice! ok im kinda knew to the whole custom keyboard thing but if im not mistaken if i were to get the gat inks and some lighter springs the actuation force should be lower correct? i like inks but they are just a bit to heavy for me

24 minutes ago, jordanthehoreadan said:

Nice! ok im kinda knew to the whole custom keyboard thing but if im not mistaken if i were to get the gat inks and some lighter springs the actuation force should be lower correct? i like inks but they are just a bit to heavy for me

The actuation force depends on a lot of different factors, and not all spring weights are equal in feeling, a progression 68g spring will actuate at a lighter weight than a slow curve one. Spring weight is kinda irrelevant to me as I always swap out springs, as most stock springs are pretty shit. 

I've used them extensively and they're fine switches. I find them a bit on the mushy side, but their smoothness is akin to one of the smoothest alongside Tealios.

The springs are on the light side and there's a slight ping at stock, but other than that, it's a great switch as long as you can swallow the cost per switch.

I actually made a review on this particular switch here on the forums, you can read it here:

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches