100 CPU usage while gaming?

Hi! New to the forums here so my apologies ahead of time if anything I do or say against the guidelines.

Anyways, onto my issue. Recently I got a GTX 1070 ROG and 5-3600x, as well as upgrading from 8GB to 16GB ram for my PC, they’ve been great but I’ve noticed problems with my set up which weren’t present before. For an example, my CPU easily hits 100 percent usage in games like Rainbow 6 and Dark Souls, but in both games, I have the graphic settings set to medium. My pc was already running with power performance applied and all my drivers have been updated, but the games still freeze, stutter and crash. With my old i5-4460 and 1050TI, I never had this issue and I played the same games with said parts and they never had that issue. I usually only ever have Discord and my game open, nothing else. 

Has anyone got any clue what could be the issue? Anything or any advice would help really, since this has me stumped and very frustrated. (As I’m typing this out, I’m currently resetting my PC to see if this does the trick.)

Did you clean install Windows, or just move the drives to your new PC?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Ironically enough, it keeps telling me, “there was a problem while trying to reset” and it’s preventing me from doing so. So that option is out of the window. :/ But nah, I simply replaced the olds parts, didn’t reset or have a new install of Windows.

1 minute ago, Ceroical said:

“there was a problem while trying to reset”

Still not a fresh install.

3 minutes ago, Ceroical said:

So that option is out of the window. :/ 

Download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and run it. Save to a USB and use that to do a fresh install.

1 minute ago, glenalz81 said:

Download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and run it. Save to a USB and use that to do a fresh install.

Oh! Will do. 

I’ve had the graphics lowered and heightened by the same freezing and crashing happens regardless.

8 hours ago, glenalz81 said:

So guess what else I can’t do? PC refuses to use the media tool to fix my current version of Windows. This is irritating.

8 hours ago, Ceroical said:

PC refuses to use the media tool to fix my current version of Windows

Do not try to fix the system.

Boot the system from the USB stick to install a fresh Windows 10.

• 1 month later...