For anyone having trouble with your gpu and amd chipset

nonsense42

Ever since i first lurked around the forum about a year back i keep seeing people having the same issue with the radeon adrenaline software. (specially with the newest 20.2.2 update)

for anyone who's experiencing random game crashes(specially with no error codes or no bugsplats) or youtube videos going black this might be your issue and should be the first thing you look into when troubleshooting.

i heavily recommend following proper driver installation and it also seems that whenever you have to update your driver it seems that you have to uninstall it (DDU+Safemode) and install the most current one. 

and if that doesn't work then rolling back or installing a older version of the driver.

10 minutes ago, nonsense42 said:

Ever since i first lurked around the forum about a year back i keep seeing people having the same issue with the radeon adrenaline software. (specially with the newest 20.2.2 update)

for anyone who's experiencing random game crashes(specially with no error codes or no bugsplats) or youtube videos going black this might be your issue and should be the first thing you look into when troubleshooting.

i heavily recommend following proper driver installation and it also seems that whenever you have to update your driver it seems that you have to uninstall it (DDU+Safemode) and install the most current one. 

and if that doesn't work then rolling back or installing a older version of the driver.

After almost 20 years exclusively using AMD GPU's,I have had very few,if any driver issues,last year I built a new Ryzen system with a RX580 and then updated to the ASUS RX5700XT OC,I have had 0 driver issues,no crashes or black screens.I have never used or needed DDU or any other driver cleaner,I have always just used the AMD uninstaller with each driver update.

I have been reading up on all the issues others are having and am at a loss as to what the issues they are having are caused by,Because not everyone is having these issues.

My 5700XT even has the "too short cooler screw"issue,yet my temps are great.

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

5 minutes ago, Earnhardt said:

After almost 20 years exclusively using AMD GPU's,I have had very few,if any driver issues,last year I built a new Ryzen system with a RX580 and then updated to the ASUS RX5700XT OC,I have had 0 driver issues,no crashes or black screens.I have never used or needed DDU or any other driver cleaner,I have always just used the AMD uninstaller with each driver update.

I have been reading up on all the issues others are having and am at a loss as to what the issues they are having are caused by,Because not everyone is having these issues.

My 5700XT even has the "too short cooler screw"issue,yet my temps are great.

well this did happen to me, after building my newest pc i installed windows and all the drivers including radeon adrenaline 20.2.2 and the first thing i did was play some league of legends, the game kept crashing with no error codes or even a bugsplat. after some research i found this to be the most common issue, so i installed the 2.2.1 version instead and it fixed it. i posted in another threads with people having the same issue and for most of them it worked. i'm sure this might not be the cause for everyone, but if you don't know where to start this might be the first you might want to look at.

You should ALWAYS uninstall current graphics drivers if you're updating to newer versions. (maybe don't always use DDU, uninstalling from control panel works fine)

Also disconnect from the internet when uninstalling and installing the graphics drivers.

10 minutes ago, Syaoran said:

You should ALWAYS uninstall current graphics drivers if you're updating to newer versions. (maybe don't always use DDU, uninstalling from control panel works fine)

Also disconnect from the internet when uninstalling and installing the graphics drivers.

that's what i'm talking about ? something like this should be pinned for the dummies like me.

i've scoured thru building guides and installation guides and this isn't mentioned enough so i wasn't aware that it could be an issue since it's not very obvious.

most people would just expect that installing the driver would be sufficient. not a lot of people would realize that there's a right way to do it.

39 minutes ago, nonsense42 said:

that's what i'm talking about ? something like this should be pinned for the dummies like me.

i've scoured thru building guides and installation guides and this isn't mentioned enough so i wasn't aware that it could be an issue since it's not very obvious.

most people would just expect that installing the driver would be sufficient. not a lot of people would realize that there's a right way to do it.

I've used to install graphics drivers without uninstalling, even when I read that it was "recommended" to uninstall first lol

I don't know why I did that lmao