What’s this black dot on my galaxy s8

Hey i just got a hand down s8 from my sibling I knew it had a cracked screen cuz she told me but when I got it there’s also this black dot what is it? It’s near the WiFi and cellular on top And will it spread? I’ve been using it for the past 2 days (going on three) and it hasn’t changed or gotten bigger. I’m planning on getting a screen protector 

BA541C37-F1EF-491C-9D08-F95DEAD76649.jpeg

DBA95954-D0C1-48DF-9640-67A0573B0DAA.jpeg

5F9757A8-23C8-403D-836D-886FBB53B27F.jpeg

Are you sure it isn't just an icon on the phone?

Try going into airplane mode and check if it is still there.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It's way too big to be a dead pixel. It just looks like it's part of the icon.

Also if you're fine with having tape holding the screen together this would seem like a rather minor problem...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You guys are probably right it’s too big to be a dead pixel and It was already present when I got the phone in the set up screen when you first set up the phone and it doesn’t go away in videos.so if it’s not a dead pixel what is it ? and much appreciated for the replies guys!