Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bon

I need help :(

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am not tech savy at all, I bought a rtx 2070 graphics card, but still only get average of 60 fps in Overwatch. All my settings are low, I think it's something with the computer. I bought it from my cousin so I don't know all the parts.

 

CPU: AMD FX-8350

Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3

 

If I need to buy a new motherboard and CPU, any recommendations that won't break my wallet? And would I have to buy anything else to go with those?

Link to post
Share on other sites

CPU bottleneck would be my guess.

To upgrade, get a 1600 AF or 2600 + a B450 Pro 4 and 16GB of 3000mhz (or faster) memory.

 

What power supply do you have?


|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

CPU bottleneck would be my guess.

To upgrade, get a 1600 AF or 2600 + a B450 Pro 4 and 16GB of 3000mhz (or faster) memory.

 

What power supply do you have?

I'm honestly not sure.. I downloaded CPU-Z just so I could find out my motherboard. Where could I find the kind without taking it apart?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bon said:

I'm honestly not sure.. I downloaded CPU-Z just so I could find out my motherboard. Where could I find the kind without taking it apart?

Won't be able to. If you pop the side panel off you can glance inside though and take a look quick.


|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Won't be able to. If you pop the side panel off you can glance inside though and take a look quick.

RM850

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bon said:

RM850

I'd blame cpu bottleneck then. That's a good unit.

 

How are temperatures on the cpu and gpu?


|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I'd blame cpu bottleneck then. That's a good unit.

 

How are temperatures on the cpu and gpu?

Right now it says my GPU is 27oC and CPU is 11oC

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bon said:

I am not tech savy at all, I bought a rtx 2070 graphics card, but still only get average of 60 fps in Overwatch. All my settings are low, I think it's something with the computer. I bought it from my cousin so I don't know all the parts.

 

CPU: AMD FX-8350

Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3

 

If I need to buy a new motherboard and CPU, any recommendations that won't break my wallet? And would I have to buy anything else to go with those?

Yeah, I'd also say your CPU is the issue. You need to upgrade. 


System Specs

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    AMD RX 470
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
57 minutes ago, Slottr said:

CPU bottleneck would be my guess.

To upgrade, get a 1600 AF or 2600 + a B450 Pro 4 and 16GB of 3000mhz (or faster) memory.

 

What power supply do you have?

I was looking at the motherboard and some people said you should just spend a little more for a better board, is there a different recommendation for ~$100

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bon said:

I was looking at the motherboard and some people said you should just spend a little more for a better board, is there a different recommendation for ~$100

The pro4 is a perfectly fine board, especially for mid tier chips like those.

 

If you feel like you NEED a better board, the tomahawk max is around 115 USD


|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 2/22/2020 at 9:25 PM, Slottr said:

The pro4 is a perfectly fine board, especially for mid tier chips like those.

 

If you feel like you NEED a better board, the tomahawk max is around 115 USD

I changed the motherboard and the CPU and got the ram. But now when I turn the power on it just resets every 20 seconds 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Bon said:

I changed the motherboard and the CPU and got the ram. But now when I turn the power on it just resets every 20 seconds 

I don’t know if it’s worth noting but the ram doesn’t fit into slot A1 so I put it in B1 and B2

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bon said:

I don’t know if it’s worth noting but the ram doesn’t fit into slot A1 so I put it in B1 and B2

What do you mean doesn't fit?

 

3 minutes ago, Bon said:

I changed the motherboard and the CPU and got the ram. But now when I turn the power on it just resets every 20 seconds 

have you tried anything to troubleshoot?


|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Slottr said:

What do you mean doesn't fit?

 

have you tried anything to troubleshoot?

The heat sink or whatever fan that’s on the CPU is too close to the slot so you can’t set the ram straight into it. What things would I have to do to troubleshoot?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bon said:

The heat sink or whatever fan that’s on the CPU is too close to the slot so you can’t set the ram straight into it. What things would I have to do to troubleshoot?

 

You'll probably only use slots A2 and B2- stick them in there. If it doesn't boot, try with one stick in various spots.


|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Thank you so much for everything you’ve done!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×