Ryzen 5 3600 staying at a constant 4ghz?

No matter the task it just stays from around 3.85ghz to 4.05ghz. I have tried turning on and off pbo and cool n quiet in the bios, changing power plans, and nothing works. Cpu ratio is on auto (msi max b450 tomahawk), and nothing i am aware of is limiting it. A few weeks ago this never happened, it would drop down to 3.6ghz, and go all the way to 4.15-4.2ghz. Any way to fix this? I am getting noticeably worse performance on cinebench, so when rendering a video, this shows the difference between minutes in rendering a video.

Assuming you have the latest BIOS and Chipset drivers i  would ask what your cooling situation is, case/cooler/fans?

Just now, glenalz81 said:

Assuming you have the latest BIOS and Chipset drivers i  would ask what your cooling situation is, case/cooler/fans?

yes i do have the latest of both of those, I have a corsair h60 v2, I idle at 55C, around 50% is 65C, and 100% usage is about 75C. I use the radiator fan as a double for an intake, and a fan above to the left of my io as an outtake. It stays relatively cool in there

Easy fix. Use Ryzen Master or HWinfo to track it. All other software cannot report accurately on Zen2

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Easy fix. Use Ryzen Master or HWinfo to track it. All other software cannot report accurately on Zen2

uhhh i did?

55c at idle is a little toasty. I use a Corsair AIO on my 3600x and it idles between 23-25c, granted it's a 280mm and ambient temps play a big part but i'd say any AIO should yield better idle temps than 55c.

The problem with 120mm AIOs is they saturate very quickly and often perform worse than a half decent air cooler. They do have their place, usually SSF builds and places where low profile coolers are needed.

What case do you have? and how long since the build has it been performing fine before this issue occured?

1 minute ago, glenalz81 said:

55c at idle is a little toasty. I use a Corsair AIO on my 3600x and it idles between 23-25c, granted it's a 280mm and ambient temps play a big part but i'd say any AIO should yield better idle temps than 55c.

The problem with 120mm AIOs is they saturate very quickly and often perform worse than a half decent air cooler. They do have their place, usually SSF builds and places where low profile coolers are needed.

What case do you have? and how long since the build has it been performing fine before this issue occured?

Aerocool cylon. It's shit in the fact that it's max cpu cooler height is 155mm, not many tower coolers are under this. And i would say maybe a month or so.

35 minutes ago, Clanky The Robot said:

No matter the task it just stays from around 3.85ghz to 4.05ghz

Is that under load?

Because that is roughly the allcore boost. 

Using PBO is should be a touch higher

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Is that under load?

Because that is roughly the allcore boost. 

Using PBO is should be a touch higher

this is at both idle and load

Just now, Clanky The Robot said:

Aerocool cylon

I know the case, i built my daughters PC in one and it's pretty bad as a case, looks ok but does have poor airflow.

41 minutes ago, Clanky The Robot said:

it would drop down to 3.6ghz, and go all the way to 4.15-4.2ghz

Have a little test, run a benchmark or 2, i'd suggest Firestike and Cinebench R15 take note of the results then pop off the front and side panel, run them again and see if a reduction in temps lead to higher boost clocks/better scores.