Monitor won't stay asleep, driving me crazy.

CAPP85

Im having this strange issue on my windows 10 PC where my monitor goes to sleep after the amount of time set in my power options but will then wake up on it's own after a minute or 2 then the cycle repeats. I'm running Windows 10, a GTX 2080 Super and the monitor is connected via display port. I've tried all the usual steps, updating drivers, different display port on the card, disable wake on LAN, etc. Any other suggestions?  Thanks

2 minutes ago, CAPP85 said:

Im having this strange issue on my windows 10 PC where my monitor goes to sleep after the amount of time set in my power options but will then wake up on it's own after a minute or 2 then the cycle repeats. I'm running Windows 10, a GTX 2080 Super and the monitor is connected via display port. I've tried all the usual steps, updating drivers, different display port on the card, disable wake on LAN, etc. Any other suggestions?  Thanks

Hello and welcome.

I'd guess then that it's the monitor unless you mean your entire system is waking up.  If it's the entire system then perhaps there is something polling your mouse.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 minutes ago, CAPP85 said:

Unplug all usb's and similar, like to your mouse keyboard ect, but if you added a new usb or audio/other device, try unplugging that first, because I had the same issue and it was just my microscope :D 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

23 hours ago, InnerBeast Gaming said:

Unplug all usb's and similar, like to your mouse keyboard ect, but if you added a new usb or audio/other device, try unplugging that first, because I had the same issue and it was just my microscope :D 

I tried your recommendation of unplugging all USB devices and the issue only occurs if the moue or keyboard are connected.  I even power off the mouse (wireless) just to make sure i wasn't accidentally moving it and i was definitely not touching the keyboard.  I haven't been able to find any one else experiencing a similar issue.  I've even set both mouse and keyboard to not be able to wake the PC from sleep but that doesn't help the issue.

16 hours ago, CAPP85 said:

I tried your recommendation of unplugging all USB devices and the issue only occurs if the moue or keyboard are connected.  I even power off the mouse (wireless) just to make sure i wasn't accidentally moving it and i was definitely not touching the keyboard.  I haven't been able to find any one else experiencing a similar issue.  I've even set both mouse and keyboard to not be able to wake the PC from sleep but that doesn't help the issue.

I have this problem with an LG monitor .... since you mention unplugging keyboard and mouse resolves this, can i ask what keyboard/mouse and monitor?

Unplug the monitor at night. It's just as easy to unplug that as it is to unplug the keyboard and mouse