Slow Ping with multiple PC's

A Crazy Walrus

Hi all,

Doing some tests due to huge amounts of lag when both PCs are connected to a cheap switch. Both PC's have the same download and upload but one has 70ping and the other has 240 ping. Can someone please help me figure out whats going on?

Some info I have in terms of the set up is its and ethernet connection from the hub to the switch and both PC's are then hooked up on ethernet port 1 and 2 using the same brand ethernet cables. The second I connect the 2nd PC, PC 1 gets over 200 ping in all games. when the 2nd PC is not connected i get 20 ping 30 ping max.

I dont know what im doing wrong

48 minutes ago, A Crazy Walrus said:

Hi all,

Doing some tests due to huge amounts of lag when both PCs are connected to a cheap switch. Both PC's have the same download and upload but one has 70ping and the other has 240 ping. Can someone please help me figure out whats going on?

Some info I have in terms of the set up is its and ethernet connection from the hub to the switch and both PC's are then hooked up on ethernet port 1 and 2 using the same brand ethernet cables. The second I connect the 2nd PC, PC 1 gets over 200 ping in all games. when the 2nd PC is not connected i get 20 ping 30 ping max.

I dont know what im doing wrong

Could be the switch if it’s done something cheesy.  That already seems to be a consideration though.  Cheap switches often have specific ports things need to be hooked up to to work right.  Usually there’s a dedicated in, but also some ports behave better than others.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.