Gpu fan not spinning

MADEAR
Go to solution Solved by LIGISTX,
3 minutes ago, MADEAR said:

When i turn on my pc it get stock in startup screen and my gpu fan stops spinning after 5 sec, but they only stop when my cpu power cable is on, so does anyone know how to fix?

What GPU is it? Many newer GPU's have a no fan mode... The fan doesn't turn on until its under game load.

What do you mean when the CPU power cable is in? Without CPU power, the motherboard will not even post. Are you having an issue getting the PC to boot or POST?

When i turn on my pc it get stock in startup screen and my gpu fan stops spinning after 5 sec, but they only stop when my cpu power cable is on, so does anyone know how to fix?

3 minutes ago, MADEAR said:

What GPU is it? Many newer GPU's have a no fan mode... The fan doesn't turn on until its under game load.

What do you mean when the CPU power cable is in? Without CPU power, the motherboard will not even post. Are you having an issue getting the PC to boot or POST?

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

I

Edited by MADEAR

6 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

Its a 1070 msi 8gb 

And when i turn my pc it det Stock on the start bootup screen, my gpu stops spinning when my power cable to the cpu is in

1 minute ago, MADEAR said:

Its a 1070 msi 8gb 

And when i turn my pc it det Stock on the start bootup screen, my gpu stops spinning when my power cable to the cpu is in

Does the PC bootup when the CPU power is coneected? If the PC starts normally and the GPU fans does not spin then everything is fine. The 1070 has a 0RPM fan mode where if the GPU doesn't get above 50C the fan will not turn on.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Does the PC bootup when the CPU power is coneected? If the PC starts normally and the GPU fans does not spin then everything is fine. The 1070 has a 0RPM fan mode where if the GPU doesn't get above 50C the fan will not turn on.

this...

OP, what is the point of this thread? Is there an actual issue with the PC, or are you just concerned the GPU fans are not spinning?

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

Just now, LIGISTX said:

this...

OP, what is the point of this thread? Is there an actual issue with the PC, or are you just concerned the GPU fans are not spinning?

Their is a problem i cant use the pc, bcs its stock in the startup boot 

5 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

The pc does boot its just stock in the bootup screen and i cant do anything and if i let the pc keep being on my gpu starts to get really hot after a few min

2 minutes ago, MADEAR said:

Their is a problem i cant use the pc, bcs its stock in the startup boot 

We need more info to help you...

Is this PC new? What are the parts? What exactly is happening? What screen are you stuck at? The BIOS screen? The Windows startup screen? The POST screen? What does the screen look like?

1 minute ago, LIGISTX said:

We need more info to help you...

Is this PC new? What are the parts? What exactly is happening? What screen are you stuck at? The BIOS screen? The Windows startup screen? The POST screen? What does the screen look like?

The pc is 2 years old and im stuck at the screen were it tells you pres del to open bios, and if im fast enough the only things i can do is open the bios 

Gpu 1070 msi 8gb

Cpu ryzen 7 1700

Motherboard msi b350 

4 minutes ago, MADEAR said:

The pc is 2 years old and im stuck at the screen were it tells you pres del to open bios, and if im fast enough the only things i can do is open the bios 

Gpu 1070 msi 8gb

Cpu ryzen 7 1700

Motherboard msi b350 

What happens if you don't get into BIOS? Does it say to insert boot media or something along those lines? That would indicate either the mobo can't see your harddrive/SSD, or the drive died. Does it try and boot Windows and fail?

While your in the BIOS, can you see the boot drive and select it as an option to boot into?

As far as the GPU is concerned tho, don't worry about it. It won't melt itself... 1070's have a no fan mode, it may feel warm, but if it was hot enough to be an issue, its fan would turn on.

You could also try and update the BIOS... Ryzen first gen BIOS wasn't known to be the best ever, its possible a BIOS update could help.

10 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

What happens if you don't get into BIOS? Does it say to insert boot media or something along those lines? That would indicate either the mobo can't see your harddrive/SSD, or the drive died. Does it try and boot Windows and fail?

While your in the BIOS, can you see the boot drive and select it as an option to boot into?

As far as the GPU is concerned tho, don't worry about it. It won't melt itself... 1070's have a no fan mode, it may feel warm, but if it was hot enough to be an issue, its fan would turn on.

You could also try and update the BIOS... Ryzen first gen BIOS wasn't known to be the best ever, its possible a BIOS update could help.

If i dont go into the bios i get stuck here, and sometimes it says automatic repair 

20200206_091136.jpg