Lenovo Yoga C940 usability under load

Hi, I was wondering if anyone that owned a Lenovo Yoga C940 (specifically one of the 14 inch models) had any issues with the keyboard becoming too hot while the CPU was under load. My main concern is that, while I want to upgrade to this laptop, I haven't been able to get a definitive answer to if this occurs. My current laptop becomes almost unusable, because parts of the keyboard become too hot to touch while doing anything that pushes the CPU. Thanks in advance for any replies.

If you often do heavy workload, Ultrabook might not be the best choice

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

• 4 weeks later...

I tested mine under some load (light gaming without egpu) yesterday and it seems that the part right above the F keys becomes quite hot but until now i had no issue with using the keyboard. I want to try some more gaming and graphic related stuff later this week with an egpu, after that i can probably say more about the heat under heavy load.

(sorry for my bad english. Its not my native language and i try my best to improve)

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 1:24 AM, Nibor1612 said:

I tested mine under some load (light gaming without egpu) yesterday and it seems that the part right above the F keys becomes quite hot but until now i had no issue with using the keyboard. I want to try some more gaming and graphic related stuff later this week with an egpu, after that i can probably say more about the heat under heavy load.

(sorry for my bad english. Its not my native language and i try my best to improve)

Hey, I know this is long after your initial comment, but did you end up testing under load with an eGPU? Thank you in advance if you reply.