Quickcharge vs PD

ISmokeAir

I want to buy a new power bank and I found this one from RAVPower. It has used PD(45w) but it doesn't have QC. I am planning to use this battery for my laptop, my Galaxy S8 and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Is QC that important or it will work the same without it?

18 minutes ago, ISmokeAir said:

I want to buy a new power bank and I found this one from RAVPower. It has used PD(45w) but it doesn't have QC. I am planning to use this battery for my laptop, my Galaxy S8 and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Is QC that important or it will work the same without it?

PD is better than QC option, and you can get USB PD devices that support QC via PD (Quickcharge 4(+)). The catch of course is that only certain devices have a chip that supports that.

This is based on the chips listed in Wikipedia cross referenced with the devices listed on wikichip:

Samsung Tab S5e, Google Pixel 3a

Samsung Galaxy A70,Samsung Galaxy A60, Samsung Galaxy M40, Motorola One Zoom, Motorola Z4, Motorola One Hyper

Samsung Galaxy A80, Samsung Galaxy A71

Google Pixel 3,Razer Phone 2,Samsung Galaxy Note9,Samsung Galaxy S9,Samsung Galaxy S9+,Sony Xperia XZ2,Sony Xperia XZ2 compact,Sony Xperia XZ3

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6,Samsung Galaxy S10+,Samsung Galaxy S10,Samsung Galaxy S10e, Samsung Galaxy Note 10,Google Pixel 4

If it' s not there, USB-PD QC is not supported at all. I omitted some brands for brevity, but basically you're looking at devices that were shipped in 2018 or later. Now I can not say for certain if all the devices actually use USB-PD to begin with, but if you're thinking of replacing a mobile device at a later date, getting one that supports USB-PD QC would be more future-proofable than getting one that doesn't.

With that said, RAVPower doesn't appear to advertise "Quick charge 4"

USB-PD is the way to go though since QC is proprietary. There should be new USB PD 3.0 devices out now. If you however just need something right now, then just buy whatever is suitable for the devices you have now.