Too high RAM usage and problems with Adobe programs(I think it might be the RAM))

I have been having some performance problems. When I open Photoshop or Premiere RAM skyrockets to 14gbs of 16gbs installed. If I zoom a lot in the project, the program crashes and my video card is not showing in Task manager anymore... (I re-enable it in Device Manager) The issue might be the GPU, a friend gave it to me. He had some mining rigs, he said he didn't press it too hard.

It might be the GPU, but why the high RAM usage? Maybe both are bad. When I play games at 1440p 100fps~ High settings, I have no problems.

My Opera browser has 6-8 tabs open usually.

The problem is happening with other lighter programs too

Ryzen 5 3600(boosted to 4.2, with 2.9 voltage)

GTX 1070 OC Strix and 16gigs(2x8)

Corsair Veng Pro

Asus Prime x-470 Pro

If someone has encountered similar behavior and has some answers or has some ideas, it would help. :)

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

What iCue is taking 4.5% of the cpu.. Also you should try Mozilla firefox. I don't know about premiere, but it's not known for being light. Maybe get 32gb of rams instead?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

13 minutes ago, kris_r8 said:

He had some mining rigs, he said he didn't press it too hard.

There are four types of lies:

Lies,

damned lies

statistics

and

"I didn't press the gpus too hard in my mining rig"

But you mention in your post Adobe programs, but everything you show is Opera-related.

What happens if you shut down Opera and other unneeded programs and just open PS (BTW, which version?)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

13 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

What iCue is taking 4.5% of the cpu.. Also you should try Mozilla firefox. I don't know about premiere, but it's not known for being light. Maybe get 32gb of rams instead?

I read that iCue does that, not uncommon. On my laptop I did a lot of big projects on 8gb, I dont think I lack capacity :(

15 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

There are four types of lies:

Lies,

damned lies

statistics

and

"I didn't press the gpus too hard in my mining rig"

But you mention in your post Adobe programs, but everything you show is Opera-related.

What happens if you shut down Opera and other unneeded programs and just open PS (BTW, which version?)

Hahaha you are right :D 

The thing is he has 2 gpus left that he uses for work and both of them are fine. Maybe he gave me the bad one... Not intentionally, he is my closest friend. 

I will test with Premiere and Photoshop 

As for the RAM Photoshop and Premier are sucking dry all the RAM you can have

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

8 minutes ago, Constantin said:

As for the RAM Photoshop and Premier are sucking dry all the RAM you can have

Not always (well, at least not in PS case, I can't speak for Premier)

Case in point: I am a photographer, and have just opened LightRoom and PhotoShop (CS5) and with my RAW files of 600 images from my last studio session open, both LR and PS consume 562MB and 86MB respectively.

Mt entire system  is chewing up 3.75GB (out of 32GB) which is just slightly more than @kris_r8 Opera is using by itself. Something is way out of whack with Opera

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Not always (well, at least not in PS case, I can't speak for Premier)

Case in point: I am a photographer, and have just opened LightRoom and PhotoShop (CS5) and with my RAW files of 600 images from my last studio session open, both LR and PS consume 562MB and 86MB respectively.

Mt entire system  is chewing up 3.75GB (out of 32GB) which is just slightly more than @kris_r8 Opera is using by itself. Something is way out of whack with Opera

Right now things are fine. But I will experiment with Mozila to see if the problem persists. On my laptop, that was entry level laptop with GTX 1050, i5 8th gen and 8gb Ram, I had no problems with Premiere and Photoshop open at the same time... Sometimes After effects as well, but that was its limit :D Never used it long with all 3 programs running at the same time. 

I am using Adobe 2019 versions.

I will follow up with more info when something occurs. Thanks for the fast response ;)