Back light failure or something else?

Blood_Born

When i turn the laptop off or just the screen for a moment, the screen is fine anywhere from 10 minutes to longer then the corner and bottom half goes dead again. As shown in the photo

Can anyone help diagnose what is wrong here. I asked someone who repairs laptops and such what this could be and he says it's the gpu failing. Now i don't know if it's true or if he is just trying to make a quick buck. I don't believe this is a sign of gpu failure but i dont know much about the subject 

Any advice would be appreciated 

15798563057976890879413626524694.jpg

26 minutes ago, Blood_Born said:

I asked someone who repairs laptops and such what this could be and he says it's the gpu failing.

Then they're either not repairing anything or trying to fuck you up, it's pretty obviously a failing backlight.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Yeah the panel is damanged in some way. Like pressure damage. Try pressing the bezel where the black spots is and see if it lights up.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Yeah the panel is damanged in some way. Like pressure damage. Try pressing the bezel where the black spots is and see if it lights up.

I've tried that but sadly it doesn't so anything, though the strange part is if you turn the screen off, wait a moment then turn it back in it works perfectly fine for a short while 

On 1/24/2020 at 1:00 PM, Blood_Born said:

I've tried that but sadly it doesn't so anything, though the strange part is if you turn the screen off, wait a moment then turn it back in it works perfectly fine for a short while 

RMA if you can

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.