Cpu doesn't go in

Hi, i recently bought a msi b450 mortar max and a ryzen 5 3600 but the cpu doesn't seem to fit in the socket very well the one side goes in fine but the otherside sticks out.
any help is welcome :) i helped my friend build his computer with the same cpu and the msi b450 tomahawk max there the cpu went in perfectly fine.

cpu.jpg

oof.jpg

Try pulling the lever backwards just a bit. Also give CPU a little wiggle, it won't hurt it.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Just now, PopsicleHustler said:

Try pulling the lever backwards just a bit. Also give CPU a little wiggle, it won't hurt it.

alright i will give it a try

2 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

yeah what you wanna do is just force it straight in there, maybe use a hammer /s

make sure the retention lever is fully back and give it a little wiggle on it's way down, there might be 1-2 PGA holes that are just on the edge of their tolerances

ultimately if the cpu is aligned the correct way and there are no bent pins, then you probably wouldn't hurt anything by pressing the cpu straight down into the socket (in the event that there are some holes outside of tolerance), but this would have to be done with reasonable pressure and a careful eye

it seems to fit in alright now will give a update if it works

1 hour ago, yaboistar said:

yeah what you wanna do is just force it straight in there, maybe use a hammer /s

make sure the retention lever is fully back and give it a little wiggle on it's way down, there might be 1-2 PGA holes that are just on the edge of their tolerances

ultimately if the cpu is aligned the correct way and there are no bent pins, then you probably wouldn't hurt anything by pressing the cpu straight down into the socket (in the event that there are some holes outside of tolerance), but this would have to be done with reasonable pressure and a careful eye

It works like a charm now thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, PopsicleHustler said:

It works now thanks for the help!