Vertically Mounting X34P + ROG Swift 27" ?

elKz

Hello,

I'm looking to vertically mount my two monitors due to a purchasing a new desk, I'm having a little trouble trying to figure out If the mounts I've picked out will support my monitors or not. I currently have an Acer Predator X34P and ROG Swift PG278Q. 

If I were to mount these vertically, would the following stands be sufficient? 

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/arctic-z1-pro-gen-3-desk-mount-monitor-arm-with-usb-30-hub-vesa-monitors-up-to-49 (For X34P)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07ZZG2TSV/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE (For ROG Swift)

3 minutes ago, elKz said:

But they're the same stand

4 minutes ago, elKz said:

I'm having a little trouble trying to figure out If the mounts I've picked out will support my monitors or not. I currently have an Acer Predator X34P and ROG Swift PG278Q. 

That stands supports 75mmx75mm and 100mmx100mm, you can measure the VESA mount on the back of your monitor or check on their website if they list VESA compatibility which they do and both of your monitors support 100x100 so you'd be fine using this stand.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 minute ago, _Syn_ said:

But they're the same stand

That stands supports 75mmx75mm and 100mmx100mm, you can measure the VESA mount on the back of your monitor or check on their website if they list VESA compatibility which they do and both of your monitors support 100x100 so you'd be fine using this stand.

That was my bad, I mistakenly copied the wrong link from Amazon. I've updated It with the right one (here). It's more the weight combined that I'm concerned about as both monitors support 100x100.

2 minutes ago, elKz said:

That was my bad, I mistakenly copied the wrong link from Amazon. I've updated It with the right one (here). It's more the weight combined that I'm concerned about as both monitors support 100x100.

Both monitors add up to 14KG so it should be fine, it is all metal after all

5 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Both monitors add up to 14KG so it should be fine, it is all metal after all

Also that rating is probably for each arm not the whole rod

17 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Also that rating is probably for each arm not the whole rod

This is the part that was confusing me, the Z1-3D only takes 8kg and I didn't want to put another 10kg weight on top of that as well.

48 minutes ago, elKz said:

This is the part that was confusing me, the Z1-3D only takes 8kg and I didn't want to put another 10kg weight on top of that as well.

https://www.arctic.ac/worldwide_en/z-1-pro.html

On their website it says it's 10KG per mount/arm, it makes a lot more sense because there's no way the metal rod can't handle the monitors, and the weight rating is probably for the arm to hold its position and be adjustable, not that it would break.

So I should be okay using the 3D & Extension then, even though It only just comes to 15KG combined.