Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavidG04

Stuck in bios screen (can鈥檛 get to windows)

can you see all your boot devices in your bios? if it is easy tune indeed
As far as i know you have 2 options: 1) reinstall windows
2) Live boot using any linux os or windows(windows is little complex, time consuming to live boot from usb) and delete the easy tune profile from your documents folder

Posted Original PosterOP

My pc specs below:

ryzen 3700x

sapphire blower cooler 5700xt

gigabyte x570 gaming x carbon mobo

g.skill trident 16 gb 3000mhz

cx Corsair 750W

samsung 860 evo

western digital 1 Tb

What happened:

after going into easy tune, a gigabyte app( my first mistake 馃檨) I saw a new feature which sets clocks to recomended. It restarted my pc and when I came back I was at bios. 2 hours later and I鈥檓 still in bios and can鈥檛 get into windows.

what I鈥檝e tried:

I took out the mobo battery and put it back but I didn鈥檛 hold button for 15 seconds like some guides said cause I was confused. It reset bios but still didn鈥檛 work.聽

My suspicions:聽

An issue with the psu cable maybe, but it says both storages are plugged in, in bios.

please help... I need my pc to work or my dad will take it away.

Does it just bsod when booting into windows? Assuming your ram isn't kill, It just sounds like your timings are messed up. You should consult you motherboard manual to find your cmos jumper, short the jumper to do a factory reset

Rig: ROG STRIX X570, Ryzen 3900x 4.4ghz, Radeon 5700xt 2150mhz core聽1900mhz memory, silentmaxx water cooled psu.

Clear Cmos

AMD Motherboard Tier ListGPU Cooling Tier ListPSU Tier ListNoctua NF or Corsair ML? Google Stadia Early Consensus

NOTE TO NEWCOMERS Remember to 'Reply' to comments in order for people to see them, this can be done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

Blueberry Pi聽R7 3800X Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi聽ATX 聽Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro聽2x16GB 3200MHz 聽EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB 聽EVGA聽850W P2聽聽Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue) 聽Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans聽聽Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower

Gaming PC 聽i7-8700k OC@5.1GHz (Delid) 聽Asus Z370-G Gaming Wi-Fi mATX聽聽Corsair Vengeance LED (Blue) 2x16GB 3000MHz 聽EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX 8GB聽聽EVGA聽750W P2 聽Corsair H100i Pro 聽Corsair ML RGB Fans 聽Thermaltake Versa H18 TG mATX Case

Mini Work PC聽R7 1700聽聽Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX聽聽Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz (White)聽聽Asus RX 580 Dual Series 8GB聽聽Corsair SF 450W 聽Cooler Master聽MasterLiquid ML120L RGB 聽Noctua NF-F12 Chromax Fans聽聽Silverstone Sugo SG13WB Mini ITX Case

SFF ITX Home PC聽i7-6700k 聽MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX聽聽G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz聽聽Intel Integrated Graphics聽聽Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU 聽Cryorig C7聽聽Velka 3 rev 1.2 Mini ITX Case (Grey)

Laptop 聽Dell XPS13 (2017)聽聽i7-7550U聽聽16GB DDR3 RAM聽聽Intel Integrated Graphics聽聽1TB NVME M.2聽聽QHD+ (4K) InfinityEdge Touch Display聽

Sold PC's聽Big White

Stay away from easy tune that app's auto overclock feature is dogshit, same thing happend with me ,

Try resetting cmos, go to windows safe mode if you can and remove any easy tune profiles, and uninstall (unless you want to oc manually)

HI, if you liked what i said then please like

Posted Original PosterOP
22 hours ago, General Burkhalter said:

Does it just bsod when booting into windows? Assuming your ram isn't kill, It just sounds like your timings are messed up. You should consult you motherboard manual to find your cmos jumper, short the jumper to do a factory reset

So basically it has blue screened in the past and black screened (apparently an issue when using watt man and changing fan speeds) from unstable clocks i believe but no I just can鈥檛 get out of bios. When I save and exit, it brings聽me back to bios. I鈥檝e done the cmos jumper thing and also taken out the mobo battery but still cannot get out.

Posted Original PosterOP
22 hours ago, PositiveRaisin2 said:

does it just stall on the bios or is there an error

I鈥檓 just there is bios, no sign of errors just cannot load into windows/get past bios

Posted Original PosterOP
21 hours ago, Srijan Verma said:

Stay away from easy tune that app's auto overclock feature is dogshit, same thing happend with me ,

Try resetting cmos, go to windows safe mode if you can and remove any easy tune profiles, and uninstall (unless you want to oc manually)

Yea easy tune is an app I鈥檒l never use again, I鈥檝e tried resetting cmos but it still won鈥檛 let me get past bios. Is there a way to get into safe mode when stuck in bios?聽

Posted Original PosterOP

Also very sorry I forgot to add the point where I can only boot into bios using one stick of ram, I had this issue when first setting up my pc but then was able to put in both after.

3 hours ago, DavidG04 said:

stuck in bios?

Stuck in bios? as in the tweaking menu or where the gigabyte logo shows up with option for different menus at the bottom.

Nevertheless whichever issue, have you tried changing ram slots if you can ?

There may be a way to get to safe mode if you could reach the bios menu

Posted Original PosterOP
10 hours ago, Srijan Verma said:

Stuck in bios? as in the tweaking menu or where the gigabyte logo shows up with option for different menus at the bottom.

Nevertheless whichever issue, have you tried changing ram slots if you can ?

There may be a way to get to safe mode if you could reach the bios menu

I can reach bios menu it鈥檚 where I鈥檓 stuck in but I don鈥檛 think I can get in safe mode from there.

Posted · Best Answer

can you see all your boot devices in your bios? if it is easy tune indeed
As far as i know you have 2 options: 1) reinstall windows
2) Live boot using any linux os or windows(windows is little complex, time consuming to live boot from usb) and delete the easy tune profile from your documents folder