help with choice of keyboard and mouse

cachowww

hey everyone, soon I'll be building my first pc, however, I have no clue what would be a better keyboard and/or mouse. At the moment I have the Cooler Master MK730 TKL w/ Cherry MX Red switches as my keyboard and the Logitech g703 wireless as my mouse. I have also been looking into the g pro but am not too sure about the difference between switches (Logitech tactile and cherry mx red) and was wondering if people who have used both switches on which one would be better. also any other mouse suggestions would be great!

just looked and found the hyperx pulsefire surge, anyone know/have any experience with this mouse and recommend/not recommend it?

I've used MX Red, Brown, and Blue before and I wound up preferring Reds.

The only downside to having no tactile bump is that sometimes just resting my fingers on the keyboard is enough to actuate the keys.

I've got a Corsair Strafe RGB [MX Red] keyboard and a wired Corsair M65 Pro RGB. 

I have found the dpi selector buttons useful in some games where you need one mouse speed for aiming and another for menus.

I also like to play factory games like Factorio and Satisfactory and the ability to change dpi on the fly can help when trying to get precision. 

Anywhoo, that's my two cents.

15 minutes ago, Op Point Baker said:

I've used MX Red, Brown, and Blue before and I wound up preferring Reds.

The only downside to having no tactile bump is that sometimes just resting my fingers on the keyboard is enough to actuate the keys.

I've got a Corsair Strafe RGB [MX Red] keyboard and a wired Corsair M65 Pro RGB. 

I have found the dpi selector buttons useful in some games where you need one mouse speed for aiming and another for menus.

I also like to play factory games like Factorio and Satisfactory and the ability to change dpi on the fly can help when trying to get precision. 

Anywhoo, that's my two cents.

thanks man! honestly at the moment it's just a competition between cherry mx reds and Logitech tactile 

25 minutes ago, cachowww said:

thanks man! honestly at the moment it's just a competition between cherry mx reds and Logitech tactile 

Although neither are very "preferable" for me, I'd choose Cherry Reds over Logitech's Romer-G switches. The Romer-Gs have a small tactile bump, and feel noticeably scratchier than the reds. There have also been issues of stems snapping off with the Romer-Gs, so ultimately I'd just pick the MX Reds.