Beware contrary to what some review claim, samsung 2019 line up still don't support eARC

Almost a year ago ( in may) samsung promised to all the reviewer of their product that they would release a eARC version firmware update, months later the new 2020 line up integrate eARC (to be verify) but still no words of the eARC firmware of the 2019 lineup:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Soundbars/comments/dz0ihk/samsung_hwq90r_earc_q80r_and_q70r_firmware_update/

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/What-is-going-on-with-eARC-update-for-the-soundbar-HW-Q90R/td-p/1368639/page/39

https://twitter.com/SamsungSupport/status/1216006640622657536

For all the burnt ones like me, raise your voice on twitter #earcSamsungGate

This behavior could help you in your choice for a brand of your new homethetaer

I swear eARC is just never gonna come.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

• 3 months later...

I purchased a 75in Q90R tv. I have a 5.2.4 home theater. My Pioneer svx-lx503 AV receiver was upgraded to eARC capability for lossless Dolby Atmos sound via a firmware update from  Onkyo. I  purchased this tv partially because of a promised Samsung firmware update to enable eARC on this tv. This is Samsung's "flagship" tv. Sony is providing eARC on their top tvs. Why is Samsung delaying providing this update when Onkyo can do it for a mid level receiver? Come on guys, it is ridiculous that a tv this expensive doesn't have top sound. If this doesn't get done, I'll go back to Sony.

3 hours ago, storkmusic said:

I purchased a 75in Q90R tv. I have a 5.2.4 home theater. My Pioneer svx-lx503 AV receiver was upgraded to eARC capability for lossless Dolby Atmos sound via a firmware update from  Onkyo. I  purchased this tv partially because of a promised Samsung firmware update to enable eARC on this tv. This is Samsung's "flagship" tv. Sony is providing eARC on their top tvs. Why is Samsung delaying providing this update when Onkyo can do it for a mid level receiver? Come on guys, it is ridiculous that a tv this expensive doesn't have top sound. If this doesn't get done, I'll go back to Sony.

wait...your pioneer receiver got its firmware update from onkyo? how does that work? they are 2 different brands

On 4/17/2020 at 9:39 PM, circeseye said:

wait...your pioneer receiver got its firmware update from onkyo? how does that work? they are 2 different brands

Onkyo and Pioneer are the same company now. They have the same hardware/software between many different models, with different fascias, etc. Badge engineering in the same way car manufacturers do it.

I was also hoping for a Q90R update. However, I don't yet have any earc compatible devices and arc seems to work fine for me at the moment.

2 hours ago, gailjon said:

Onkyo and Pioneer are the same company now. They have the same hardware/software between many different models, with different fascias, etc. Badge engineering in the same way car manufacturers do it.

damn yea i looked it up..depressing honestly. next receiver will be even more researched

2 hours ago, gailjon said:

I was also hoping for a Q90R update. However, I don't yet have any earc compatible devices and arc seems to work fine for me at the moment.

you have a newer and higher end model then op and me have. reading on it newer models arc seems to work a lot better now