Veracypt container error after check disk

Mr.Bison

Hello. Im new to veracrypt and I will admit I should have made a backup of my container but never did. Onto my problem. Windows keeps persisting with checkdisk thinking where my container is located there is a problem. every startup it attempts to but I always catch it and cancel. yesterday I missed that and windows went through with chkdisk and now my container reads 0kb size and getting the error container wrong size. when I try to restore it I get, An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file. Source: RestoreVolumeHeader:11117. what can one do to recover the container? thank you

You can't. That is strongly encryption file. Any change made by checkdisk and your container will no longer works.

BUT - I may be wrong and the best place to ask this question may be VeraCrypt support.

well Im hoping there is something I can do. maybe a data recovery service might be able to help.

does anyone know of good software to scan a drive to recover data that was cut and pasted to an encrypted container? the data that I copied should be still on there right?

18 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Why you don't ask VeraCrypt support for that?

I have emailed them a few days ago with no response yet