Not reaching advertised speeds on brand new XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe

Hi everyone. 

Motherboard is H110M-A/M.2

Which specs show supports x4 PCI E M2 Support (see pic). 

LINK TO MOTHERBOARD

I therefore bought this SSD Drive: 

LINK TO DRIVE

This NVMe is suppose to get to 3000+ speeds. 

Here is what I am getting (see bellow - AS SSD BENCHMARK). 

No firmware update available online as far as I can see from ADATA website. 

Anyone might be able to tell me why this is? 

CPU is Pentium G4560 (I don't think it's relevant but just to make sure). 

Thanks so much! 

H110M-AM.2.jpg

81piu5tiJtL._SL1500_.jpg

ASSSD BENCH - 26.12.2019.JPG

Look at the graphic of the motherboard spec you just shared. It is limited to 20Gbps (PCIe 2.0 x4). You need a PCIe 3.0 x4 slot to allow full performance. For the limitation, your speeds look correct. 

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

1 minute ago, SSD Sean said:

Look at the graphic of the motherboard spec you just shared. It is limited to 20Gbps (PCIe 2.0 x4). You need a PCIe 3.0 x4 slot to allow full performance. For the limitation, your speeds look correct. 

Thank you so much!

But it says it supports up to 20gbps!!!

I did not even know PCIe 3 exists!!!! 

WOW - so frustrating! 

1 minute ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

Thank you so much!

But it says it supports up to 20gbps!!!

I did not even know PCIe 3 exists!!!! 

WOW - so frustrating! 

easy to do no worrys  ?

Its stll a good SSD though

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

6 minutes ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

It is indeed. I just wanted to hit peak performance :)

Depending on your uses you wouldn't even notice the performance of it compared to it's full speed if you're just gaming or using it for basic web browsing. Only time you'll ever need to worry about the max speed is if you are doing large file transfers which most people don't normally do unless they are storing/working with a ton of video footage or pictures.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Depending on your uses you wouldn't even notice the performance of it compared to it's full speed if you're just gaming or using it for basic web browsing. Only time you'll ever need to worry about the max speed is if you are doing large file transfers which most people don't normally do unless they are storing/working with a ton of video footage or pictures.

No doubt that you are correct. Let me ask you this though: for the usages you have mentioned, would you say there would be a differance between a reguarl SSD drive (non-nvme) and the one I am using? 

Just curious about this. 

Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

No doubt that you are correct. Let me ask you this though: for the usages you have mentioned, would you say there would be a differance between a reguarl SSD drive (non-nvme) and the one I am using? 

Just curious about this. 

Thanks. 

For gaming or uses like file transfer?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

For gaming or uses like file transfer?

For 12 hours of office work. Emailing, File editing (PDFs, Docs), 3 browsers open, and so on. 

3 minutes ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

For 12 hours of office work. Emailing, File editing (PDFs, Docs), 3 browsers open, and so on. 

No the drive speed won't affect that, SSDs improve Windows startup/shutdown speeds, application startup speeds, file transfer speeds and the time it takes to load files. Multi-tasking is going to be affected by your ram speed and application processes are going to affected by how fast your CPU can process the requests.