Western Digital started shipping 20TB drives

AndreiArgeanu
17 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

In fact, yes! 15mm is the standard for drives focused to servers but as you said that does not mean that they cannot be used in other cases, it is rare to see because people don´t put them in their home computer too often, but still a possibility.

Heh.  True.  It’s not the drive height it’s the port.  Used to be hard drives were “full height” which I think was 2U or something close.  Maybe even 4u.  Not sure.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

35 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Heh.  True.  It’s not the drive height it’s the port.  Used to be hard drives were “full height” which I think was 2U or something close.  Maybe even 4u.  Not sure.

You probably meant the U.2 (SFF-8639) connector, because of the lack of options the manufatcurers started to create adapters to M.2 like these ones:

5103.jpg

MTG-U2100_2-1.jpg

Then over time these other type of cables appeared with no U.2 to M.2 adapter required:

Resultado de imagen para nvme extender

Resultado de imagen para optane 905p u 2

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming