3 Rad Set-Up

stlwrx

Hello all,

I got bored several days ago and decided to add a third radiator to my loop for some fun. I know there is a point in diminishing results, waste of money, overkill, etc, etc, i just did this for fun and as I enjoy the hobby. My current set up is:

Case - Lian Li o11 Dynamic

i9-9900ks - OC'd to 5.1 at 1.35 VCore

RTX 2080ti - OC'd 

Water cooling setup:

EK Velocity CPU Block

EK GPU Block

Corsair Hydro X Series XD5 Pump/res combo

EK Coolstream XE 240 double - top as exhaust

EK Coolstream SE 360 - side intake

Corsair Hydro X Series XR7 360mm - bottom as intake

All rads have corsair mag lev pro fans on them.

Should i bother playing around with the intake or exhaust setup? Should I try all rads as exhaust or all as intake? Reason I ask is after adding the new rad my temps stayed the same with no change in room ambient temp - which could be a result of diminishing results in the loop. I know loop order has not real effect but the one rad at the top is the first ran in the loop order following the gpu and cpu block so its getting all of the heat. pump/res > rad > gpu > cpu > rad > rad. Anyone here ever mess with all rads set to exhaust/intake with 3 rads?

Well the point of adding more radiators is to lessen the fan speeds. 

But given that case and the limitations, could spend some time changing orientations of the fans. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

17 hours ago, stlwrx said:

Hello all,

I got bored several days ago and decided to add a third radiator to my loop for some fun. I know there is a point in diminishing results, waste of money, overkill, etc, etc, i just did this for fun and as I enjoy the hobby. My current set up is:

Case - Lian Li o11 Dynamic

i9-9900ks - OC'd to 5.1 at 1.35 VCore

RTX 2080ti - OC'd 

Water cooling setup:

EK Velocity CPU Block

EK GPU Block

Corsair Hydro X Series XD5 Pump/res combo

EK Coolstream XE 240 double - top as exhaust

EK Coolstream SE 360 - side intake

Corsair Hydro X Series XR7 360mm - bottom as intake

All rads have corsair mag lev pro fans on them.

Should i bother playing around with the intake or exhaust setup? Should I try all rads as exhaust or all as intake? Reason I ask is after adding the new rad my temps stayed the same with no change in room ambient temp - which could be a result of diminishing results in the loop. I know loop order has not real effect but the one rad at the top is the first ran in the loop order following the gpu and cpu block so its getting all of the heat. pump/res > rad > gpu > cpu > rad > rad. Anyone here ever mess with all rads set to exhaust/intake with 3 rads?

What are your fan speed currently at? There comes a point where seeing any measurable gains is very hard since your DeltaT is so low.

Once you hit the 3-5 C DeltaT moving any lower takes either TON of air flow or surface area.

So I would start slowing down your fan speeds until you get a good mix of temps and silence.

19 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

What are your fan speed currently at? There comes a point where seeing any measurable gains is very hard since your DeltaT is so low.

Once you hit the 3-5 C DeltaT moving any lower takes either TON of air flow or surface area.

So I would start slowing down your fan speeds until you get a good mix of temps and silence.

Thanks for the reply. At the moment i run my pump at %40 and all my fans at 700 RPM. My water temp is roughly 5c above ambient. My idel at this fan speed is around 22c and at load around 55c on cpu and 38c on gpu.I think those are good numbers and im at the point now where i can just run lower fan speeds with my 920MM rad space