Audio Card Help

BoKiller

Heya, 

I have recently upgraded my rig with a new Motherboard, CPU and RAM, and updated Windows from 7 to 10 (because of ddr4 and some usb support). The upgrade was drastic, my PC is so much faster and everything works perfectly, but i do have one problem. 

My PreSonus USB 96 audio interface is having some problems with the shift. It worked fine on Windows 7 but now it's barely working. It doesn't output any audio, i just hear a faint crackle/click when i try to play anything through it. I can force it to start outputting by either messing with the bit rate and sample rate settings (it still breaks on different settings, they're not the issue), and it works fine until i pause what's playing and leave it for a minute or so. It seems like the driver just stops working after not playing any audio for some time. 

When i open Guitar Rig for my bass (the only reason why i bought the interface), it opens on the driver screen and states that the ASIO driver for the interface is "stopped". I can restart the driver by selecting it a couple of times in Guitar Rig, and then it works flawlessly in Guitar Rig. It still wont output outside of guitar rig. This is also not a problem of the ASIO driver not sharing audio with other apps, as i know it's perfectly capable of playing Guitar Rig audio and other audio at the same time. 

I thought that it was a problem with USB 3.0 compatibility and switched to my 2.0 port. This seems to fix the driver stopping problem, but introduces another one, the AudioBox starts disconnecting and disappearing from my list of devices. So, if anyone can help me fix that, i think that the entire problem will be fixed.

And another peculiarity i noticed; the Universal Control software (driver for the interface), was showing that my system was on Windows 7 in the OHCI info. (I think that this is related to firewire, so it's probably irrelevant)

I have tried everything, uninstalling and reinstalling every single audio driver (including the one for the interface), changing the bit rate and sample rate, rolling the driver back and adjusting power options (including the ones in device manager), and now i am pretty desperate, so i am turning to this forum for help.

I think that the main problem and the possible solution lies in the USB 2.0 issue. This is also the only device that bugs out in those ports, mouse, keyboard and flash drive work fine.

VIDEOS: https://imgur.com/a/Pf3MIf6

download.png

Capture.PNG

Audio interfaces are really picky with USB cables and it gets really annoying really fast. Swap a cable and try that out

My life

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Audio interfaces are really picky with USB cables and it gets really annoying really fast. Swap a cable and try that out

Tried it with my printer cable, it didn't help. I'll buy a new cable tomorrow and see if that works.

5 minutes ago, BoKiller said:

Tried it with my printer cable, it didn't help. I'll buy a new cable tomorrow and see if that works.

Yea with my fousrite, I was really confused and it just magically worked with my shitty dollarama cable instead of the multiple other more expensive ones. I really have no idea why

My life

4 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Yea with my fousrite, I was really confused and it just magically worked with my shitty dollarama cable instead of the multiple other more expensive ones. I really have no idea why

I'll try the cable, but i really don't think that it's causing the problem, i bought the interface a couple of months ago and i did nothing to stress the cable. Thanks for the recommendation tho, i'll try it with a brand new cable to see if it helps. 

Alternatively referred to as an audio output device, sound board, or audio card. A sound card is an expansion card or IC for producing sound on a computer that can be heard through speakers or headphones. Although the computer does not need a sound device to function, they are included on every machine in one form or another, either in an expansion slot or built into the motherboard (onboard).

kopfhörer test

1 hour ago, Kineelvin said:

Alternatively referred to as an audio output device, sound board, or audio card. A sound card is an expansion card or IC for producing sound on a computer that can be heard through speakers or headphones. Although the computer does not need a sound device to function, they are included on every machine in one form or another, either in an expansion slot or built into the motherboard (onboard).

kopfhörer test

Thanks for the info, but it doesn't really help me.