Awkward installation of IO shield,not by me

Hey guys.

You notice something strange with this IO shield installed?

Looks kinda bulky and if you can notice there is a lot of flex towards me.

The top buttons look kinda stuck and should be more sticking outwards.

I really don't know what happened,since I hada lot of problems installing this IO shield so I took pc case and board to local pc service and then this ..

IMG_20191214_201344.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

It's okay. It's flexy because there are literal springy thingies that ground it to the motherboard and button shouldn't stick either. And i pretty sure it's not even detachable but comes preinstalled on the motherboard.

Also, it's hard to catch on the video\picture but i think there are two layers to it, outer 'flexy' layer are plastic, it'll act like that, while deeper metallic layer might be seating tight.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 hour ago, Juular said:

It's okay. It's flexy because there are literal springy thingies that ground it to the motherboard and button shouldn't stick either. And i pretty sure it's not even detachable but comes preinstalled on the motherboard.

Also, it's hard to catch on the video\picture but i think there are two layers to it, outer 'flexy' layer are plastic, it'll act like that, while deeper metallic layer might be seating tight.

Yeah but IO shield isn't perfectly flat,it's hard to picture it,but there is a little flex to it (outwards),is it normal?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

1 hour ago, Juular said:

If it’s an older design I would say that the I/o shield and motherboard are correctly installed but they could have snuggled the board up to the io shield a bit more with the screw mounts.  Doesn’t matter, really.

i would say it’s “within spec” partially because all an oil shield really does is keep dust out and it’s a handy place to print port names.  You can run a pc without one entirely.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

16 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Yeah but IO shield isn't perfectly flat,it's hard to picture it,but there is a little flex to it (outwards),is it normal?

As i said, i pretty sure that it's the plastic layer that flexes, well, just because it's plastic. See for yourself, there a most likely a layer of actual metallic sheet underneath.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

As i said, i pretty sure that it's the plastic layer that flexes, well, just because it's plastic. See for yourself, there a most likely a layer of actual metallic sheet underneath.

And even if it’s not that way it’s still not important particularly.  There’s a certain amount of slop in motherboard stand off holes.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Ok guys,thx,it's just my OCD.

4 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Ok guys,thx,it's just my OCD.

Ah.  I get that.  Whelp if it’s the old kind, you wind up buying the thing you may want to take a screw driver, loosen the standoff 3/4 turn, snugging the motherboard into the i/o shield better, and tightening em up again.  If it’s the new kind I got nuthin.

i/o shields are just kind of craptacular stamped out things.