IS CORSAIR VS 550 ENOUGH FOR RTX 2060 ?

I have a system containing ryzen 1600, 2*8gb ddr42666, 2ssds + 2hdds, asrock b450pro4,and one tiny gtx 1050ti. All this is powered by corsair vs 550 psu. I'm thinking of upgrading to a rtx 2060. Is my psu gonna be ok with that ?

550 watts is plenty

as for the VS itself, it's group regulated which comes with its own drawbacks, which you can read about here

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1122694-why-group-regulated-units-shouldnt-be-boughtsold-in-2019-and-on/?tab=comments#comment-13038398

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

wattage wise? yes

quality wise? no, it's group regulated

i could go in full technical detail, but what you need to know is that voltage can get too high, which means that components will degrade quicker

More then enough.
OC room might be smaller, but it should work.
According to Nvidia the 2060 takes up to 160Watts. And they recommend a 500Watt PSU for that.
So you'll be fine. Dont need anything above 550 in normal situations. Only heavy OC or high-end CPU;s need the bigger PSU's.
That Ryzen CPU takes up to 120 Watts. a HDD is only like 10 watts (average) so you have room to spare imho.

Source GPU power usage: https://www.nvidia.com/nl-nl/geforce/graphics-cards/rtx-2060/

Source CPU power usage: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-ryzen-5-1600-review,7.html

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

can you guys recommand a psu with more or less good oc headroom, and which won't decrease the life span of the components too ?

2 minutes ago, NEO**B said:

can you guys recommand a psu with more or less good oc headroom, and which won't decrease the life span of the components too ?

This is a very nice resource to find if the PSU you want is good enough. ;)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!