HP 158A // C600 X79 CHIPSET COMPATIBLE CPU'S?

Hi :)

I'm looking to upgrade my hp z620 cpu's for CAE/CAD purposes. Currently running 2 x Xeon E5 2620's and desperately need all the extra cores and clock speed I can get!!

Can anybody point me in the direction, or enlighten me with a list of compatible CPU's?

Please let me know if you require anymore system info :)

thanks

Matt

system.PNG

Here's some info:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z620-Workstation-CPU-Upgrade/td-p/6380417

TLDR; You can upgrade to any Sandy Bridge Xeons, aka; first gen E5 xeons. V2(ivy-bridge) CPUs won't work. Since you have a dual processor system you'll need two matching E5-26xx CPUs. You could go for 2 x E5-2690, 8 cores base 2.9 boost 3.8, but for way cheaper with slightly slower clocks you could get 2 x E5-2680 2.7, 8 cores base 3.5 max boost

9 minutes ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

Here's some info:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z620-Workstation-CPU-Upgrade/td-p/6380417

TLDR; You can upgrade to any Sandy Bridge Xeons, aka; first gen E5 xeons. V2(ivy-bridge) CPUs won't work. Since you have a dual processor system you'll need two matching E5-26xx CPUs. You could go for 2 x E5-2690, 8 cores base 2.9 boost 3.8, but for way cheaper with slightly slower clocks you could get 2 x E5-2680 2.7, 8 cores base 3.5 max boost

Thanks dude! 

I might try and grab a couple of used 2687w's then if possible.

Hopefully this will tide me over until I can afford a Threadripper system...