Amazon echo vs google home mini version vs full sized

DarkDragon2K04

I want to get a smart speaker this holiday and don't know if to get a google home or an echo. i have checked all the prices and I am confortable with all of them but am now sure which will better suite my needs. I use an iphone 7 my roommate a samsung A20. I also don't know if to get the mini versions or the full sized version. If I am to get the mini version I will then get a separate portable speaker but I don't know how good the speakers on these things are for music so should I get a mini version with a separate speaker or get the full sized version and use it also as a speaker for music.

I personally love my google home mini. I've got 3 that I use to control my Philips hue in my house. I personally wouldn't recommend using the mini for any sort of music, the speaker just isn't that great. It's super loud though like loud enough I usually keep mine at 50% and its just fine. The mini iirc doesn't have an audio out so if music is your main thing maybe go for the larger one or just another Bluetooth speaker with google assistant support.