Are the PC case fans enough for my build?

RecorderPlayer

Hi, I am planning to build this PC within a week or two and I am wondering are the already built in fans enough to keep the build cool? There are two of them already built into the case :)

here's the build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sfNQzy

Thanks

Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 $123.98

and you are buying the 3600 cpu which is $190

please do not skimp on the mobo

ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus                      $165

no wifi, solid mobo, real tek lan

msi x570-a pro                   $140

ryzen 3rd gen support, no wifi

I'm sorry, what is exactly wrong with my motherboard? I'm not trying to be rude I'm just wondering, would it not work with my build?

I need wifi as the PC will have to be situated on the other side of my house from my LAN so I can't use ethernet.

I also live in New Zealand where choice is not quite as good as other regions.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, RecorderPlayer said:

I need wifi as the PC

Ah ok

Well the motherboard is not something to skimp on when building up, but if you need wifi then I would suggest you look in the $160 range, because there is quite a jump fro $100 and $110 to $160 in terms of quality.

This one has wifi

ASUS Tuf Gaming X570 Plus         $160

wifi, solid vrm, good heatsink, t/s leads

real tek lan

Ok, thank you - I will take a look :)

It might exceed by budget, however, so would you recommend I scale down another part such as downgrading the cpu to a 2600 and upgrading the motherboard in its place on the budget?

41 minutes ago, RecorderPlayer said:

Ok, thank you - I will take a look :)

It might exceed by budget, however, so would you recommend I scale down another part such as downgrading the cpu to a 2600 and upgrading the motherboard in its place on the budget?

If you go for a 2600 then you wouldn't need an x570 board unless you NEED PCI-E Gen 4 or something. I'd go with a either an x470 or b450 board regardless of if you get a 2600 or 3600. They can be found cheaper than the x570 boards, usually. You don't need a super high end motherboard unless you need the extra features for overclocking or something. I have a 3600 with an ASRock x570 Steel Legend wifi board and it does just fine. The only thing I'd change is maybe get the full ATX sized version of that motherboard, since you're getting a full tower case and its not much more expensive as far as I can tell. Otherwise, I think your build is just fine.

47 minutes ago, Dayglorange said:

If you go for a 2600 then you wouldn't need an x570 board unless you NEED PCI-E Gen 4 or something. I'd go with a either an x470 or b450 board regardless of if you get a 2600 or 3600. They can be found cheaper than the x570 boards, usually. You don't need a super high end motherboard unless you need the extra features for overclocking or something. I have a 3600 with an ASRock x570 Steel Legend wifi board and it does just fine. The only thing I'd change is maybe get the full ATX sized version of that motherboard, since you're getting a full tower case and its not much more expensive as far as I can tell. Otherwise, I think your build is just fine.

Is there too much of a difference between the full sized and mini motherboard, does the full sized offer any more features? I might get it as it does look not too much more expensive I'm just curious what the differences are.

Just now, RecorderPlayer said:

Is there too much of a difference between the full sized and mini motherboard, does the full sized offer any more features? I might get it as it does look not too much more expensive I'm just curious what the differences are.

You'll lose out on some PCI-E slots with a smaller board, as well as having less space between components, and also less RAM capacity. Unless using a small form factor case, I would always opt for a regular size motherboard because upgrade/expansion is much easier later on. For example, if the built-in wifi dies you could still add a PCI-E wifi card to it. If you need more USB ports, you can add expansion cards for that too.

6 minutes ago, Dayglorange said:

You'll lose out on some PCI-E slots with a smaller board, as well as having less space between components, and also less RAM capacity. Unless using a small form factor case, I would always opt for a regular size motherboard because upgrade/expansion is much easier later on. For example, if the built-in wifi dies you could still add a PCI-E wifi card to it. If you need more USB ports, you can add expansion cards for that too.

Ah, that makes sense, may as well spend the extra 30 nz bucks so future upgrades etc are much easier along with the additional stuff

Thank you for the help

1 hour ago, RecorderPlayer said:

Ah, that makes sense, may as well spend the extra 30 nz bucks so future upgrades etc are much easier along with the additional stuff

Thank you for the help

No problem! Always happy to help :)

One intake and one exhaust is enough for most situations. You can always add more fans later if needed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yes, the case comes with 3x AF140L's which should be ample for most systems. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

18 hours ago, Dayglorange said:

Just to point out, if you need Gen 4 PCI-E you will need both a Gen 3 Ryzen AND an X570 board. A 2600 with an X570 board would still not have PCI-Gen 4!