AIO Poorly Seated?

Statik
Go to solution Solved by Metallus97,
2 minutes ago, Statik said:

Also just confirming if I do, I'm good to just take it off, clean the thermal paste with rubbing alcohol and a microfiber, then just reattach?

Yes Sir!

Reseating never hurts but to much paste wont be the problem. a problem COLUD be the remounting with the same paste. But the temps seem okay. Remember that the 3800x tries to boost as far as possible and „detects“ that it has a nice cooler on it. 

Wich paste did you use? Maybe get some NT H1,MX1 or Cryonaut and try again. But i guess at max that will give a few degrees. 

Hey guys, so when I seated my ML240R on my 3800x I had a few tiny issues.

1. the thermal paste came out a little too fast, and I went a little bigger than expected (like a big pea)

2. When I went to mount the cooler one of the screws on the bracket went all fucky and I had to pull it off, fix it, then seat it.

When I initially booted the bios said I was idling at like 32C or 34C if I recall correctly, which seamed ok. I ran Cinebench R20 and I hit 76C max, and in games Ill hit 70-75C. Now I'll idle around 38-44C. But that seems a little high for a stock clocked card on a 240mm. Should I reseat my cooler?

Also just confirming if I do, I'm good to just take it off, clean the thermal paste with rubbing alcohol and a microfiber, then just reattach?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

2 minutes ago, Statik said:

Yes Sir!

Reseating never hurts but to much paste wont be the problem. a problem COLUD be the remounting with the same paste. But the temps seem okay. Remember that the 3800x tries to boost as far as possible and „detects“ that it has a nice cooler on it. 

Wich paste did you use? Maybe get some NT H1,MX1 or Cryonaut and try again. But i guess at max that will give a few degrees. 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

2 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Yes Sir!

Sweet. Since the temps seem fine I'll probably wait until I get my custom sleeved cables in and I'll do both at the same time. And yeah, it looks like it was boosting to 4.2GHz.

I used the paste that came with the CPU, but I have some arctic silver 5 laying around from my old build (like 6 years ago), that I might try (if it's still good??)

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

5 minutes ago, Statik said:

Sweet. Since the temps seem fine I'll probably wait until I get my custom sleeved cables in and I'll do both at the same time. And yeah, it looks like it was boosting to 4.2GHz.

I used the paste that came with the CPU, but I have some arctic silver 5 laying around from my old build (like 6 years ago), that I might try (if it's still good??)

If the tube was properly closes disperse the first bit and then use it. Silver 5 is also alright and properly better than the included stuff 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂