Upgrade

DanielCliff889

Hi guys i have i3 2100 processor and i want to upgrade my gtx 750 graphic card to gtx 1060 or 1660 i fear its gonna cause massive bottlenecking should i upgrdae to gtx 1060 or 1660 or what gpu should i buy according to my cpu help plz 

You’re afraid your cpu is too slow and you wouldn’t get much increase out of a 1600 let alone a 1660.

2/4, 3.1 ghz sandy bridge. 2011-2013. Yeah that’s a reasonable fear.  The thing appears to be about 20% slower than a stock clock 2600k.    On single thread performance.  1060 might be too much card.  1050ti maybe?  Still might be too much.  They don’t get much smaller new these days though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

40 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

You’re afraid your cpu is too slow and you wouldn’t get much increase out of a 1600 let alone a 1660.

2/4, 3.1 ghz sandy bridge. 2011-2013. Yeah that’s a reasonable fear.  The thing appears to be about 20% slower than a stock clock 2600k.    On single thread performance.  1060 might be too much card.  1050ti maybe?  Still might be too much.  They don’t get much smaller new these days though.

Yes i have seen one video where guy benchmarking 1050ti with i3 2100 i think i should go with 1650 or 1050ti

I would upgrade to an i5. At least where I'm from this generation cpu's is very cheap on the second hand market.