SSD/HDD not showing in BIOS

Hello guys, I recently picked up a SH MSI 970 Gaming and I've encountered some problems while installing it. I had a HDD and I also bought a new SSD, but they fo not appear on my SATA Confuguration screen in BIOS, but my DVD-ROM did. Tried all the ports and cables but to no success. I also tried to reset the BIOS by taking out the battery and putting it back in but that did not work either. 

Does someone have any ideeas ?

21 minutes ago, Astmou said:

Does someone have any ideeas ?

If the DVD shows up, then unplug the DVD and put a single drive (start with the HDD) onto that cable, since we already know that works.

Power up system and get into BIOS, see if it sees the drive.

Report back

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If the DVD shows up, then unplug the DVD and put a single drive (start with the HDD) onto that cable, since we already know that works.

Power up system and get into BIOS, see if it sees the drive.

Report back

Hi, I tried that before but just for my sanity I tried it again, still nothing. Also tried with the SSD and its the same .

3 hours ago, Astmou said:

Hi, I tried that before but just for my sanity I tried it again, still nothing. Also tried with the SSD and its the same .

Ok. So we know the port is good, because the DVD drive shows up.

Are you certain the ssd and hd are known to be good?

If you are, then hope into the BIOS, and there should be a reset option within. I don't have the mobo, so you are going to have to help me out on this.

A screen shot (or cell phone pic, you can post them here directly) of the SATA settings, will help

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

16 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok. So we know the port is good, because the DVD drive shows up.

Are you certain the ssd and hd are known to be good?

If you are, then hope into the BIOS, and there should be a reset option within. I don't have the mobo, so you are going to have to help me out on this.

A screen shot (or cell phone pic, you can post them here directly) of the SATA settings, will help

I will test both the HDD and the SSD tomorrow probably, but the SSD should be working, I mean, bought it yesterday ....

Will send pics as soon as I get home