Weird bsod situation

Nidy

A couple months ago I built a new system. I'm running a 9900k, gtx 2080 on an asus z930 with a 750w power supply on 64 bit windows.

Everything was working great, and then I decided to add a new monitor. I wanted to add it with an hdmi, but didn't have an extra hdmi input on my 2080, so made the terrible decision of trying to turn on on board graphics and putting that monitor into that slot with my other running off the 2080 

I couldn't get this working and abandoned the idea, and went back to turn off the onboard graphics. Ever since I did that, I consistently get BSOD every 30 to 60 minutes, with the error message

whea uncorrectable error

A little more digging got me 

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE_INTERNAL_PARITY

I'm not really sure where to go from here. It doesn't seem to fail specifically under load, it does seem to be random.

I googled up your error message, and after some serious reading...of similar issues and same error message, the problem in that instance turned out to be the CPU itself. It took the guy some serious time to determine the problem, helped by a lot of advice on his Forum, then the PC was returned to the Manufacturer, who returned it with a CPU replacement...and no more blue screen issues...seems to me if it was the exact same error message, then it is likely it is the same issue.

I've had a couple of Intel CPU failures over the years; they're good to do RMAs, the process is fairly easy, one of them was a G4400 that was only 9 days old!!

Have phun!!