GTX 1050ti low GPU usage

Nalitej

Hello guys,

Im having a problem with a low GPU usage in GTA V. The settings are around Very high. The low GPU usage is mostly in city, if i went out of the city, the GPU usage hits 96-99%. I cant find whats wrong. Both my CPU and GPU is overclocked. CPU is overclocked via BIOS to 3.8GHz. GPU is +125Mhz on Core clock and +750 on Memory clock. I also have power mode set to high performance in Windows, latest bios, grahic drivers. I dont have any problems in any other games i play (League of legends and CS:GO mostly), but they are not that much GPU demanding. Also my HPET is OFF. Can u guys tell me whats wrong? 

CPU - r5 1600 (3.8Ghz OC)

GPU - GTX 1050ti (manually OC)

MOBO - ASUS PRIME b350m-a

RAM - A-data ddr4 2400Mhz CL16 (OC to 2666Mhz)

OS - Windows 7 pro

GTA low GPU usage.jpg

10 minutes ago, Nalitej said:

Hello guys,

Im having a problem with a low GPU usage in GTA V. The settings are around Very high. The low GPU usage is mostly in city, if i went out of the city, the GPU usage hits 96-99%. I cant find whats wrong. Both my CPU and GPU is overclocked. CPU is overclocked via BIOS to 3.8GHz. GPU is +125Mhz on Core clock and +750 on Memory clock. I also have power mode set to high performance in Windows, latest bios, grahic drivers. I dont have any problems in any other games i play (League of legends and CS:GO mostly), but they are not that much GPU demanding. Also my HPET is OFF. Can u guys tell me whats wrong? 

CPU - r5 1600 (3.8Ghz OC)

GPU - GTX 1050ti (manually OC)

MOBO - ASUS PRIME b350m-a

RAM - A-data ddr4 2400Mhz CL16 (OC to 2666Mhz)

OS - Windows 7 pro

First, it's always good to monitor and provide (ideally graphs over the course of the gameplay):

• cpu usage (per core)
  • cpu temps
  • cpu power
  • gpu usage
  • gpu memory usage
  • gpu power
  • gpu temps
  • memory usage

It helps to isolate the bottleneck you're facing. In this case, the first thing that jumps out to me from what I can see is the CPU usage. At least one core is basically maxed out. not all game tasks can be multithreaded. One thread may be maxing out a CPU core, and bottlenecking the rest of the system even though you have other cores available (since that part of the game cannot use additional cores). I'd also check the rest of the things I mentioned though, and make sure to note when the usage was low, and see what the values are for each of those things.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

Hey,

Thx for the answer. How do i make graphs of these values? Can i make it somewhere in afterburner?