So whats this? Corrosion? Plating falling off?

Its been about 6 months since the last clean. The ek cryofuel solid fire broke down

Things were a bit chalky inside the tubes. The rads had a bit of silver gunk in them, the gpu block was fine.

So this was my Eisblock xpx plate, after a tear down and cleaning. 6 hours of soaking in lemon juice and sauce, with a tooth brush wouldnt get that black stuff off. So I dunno what to do about that.

I guess thats copper showing through what ever theyve plated it with.

This is going to be a problem right?

Its not quite a year old. Whats the chances of rma?

20191205_230709.jpg

20191205_230623.jpg

Try contacting Alphacools support and show them these pictures of the nickel plating flaking off.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Just now, I do cause im bored said:

Its been about 6 months since the last clean. The ek cryofuel solid fire broke down

Things were a bit chalky inside the tubes. The rads had a bit of silver gunk in them, the gpu block was fine.

So this was my Eisblock xpx plate, after a tear down and cleaning. 6 hours of soaking in lemon juice and sauce, with a tooth brush wouldnt get that black stuff off. So I dunno what to do about that.

I guess thats copper showing through what ever theyve plated it with.

This is going to be a problem right?

Its not quite a year old. Whats the chances of rma?

It's not recommended to to use acidic cleaners on nickel plating as it can cause it to flake or corrode. You are best to use an non-abrasive metal polish to remove any deposits or corrosion. 

Losing the nickel plating on the waterblock isn't a problem be aesthetically it will not look as nice. 

It was already flaking before being dipped. Just wondering about the cause for it starting.

But ill keep the non-abrasive in mind.

3 hours ago, I do cause im bored said:

It was already flaking before being dipped. Just wondering about the cause for it starting.

But ill keep the non-abrasive in mind.

It could be due to the change in pH or the fluid breaking down, but I have seen before where the copper ions from components in the loop make their way into the fluid have deposited themselves on top of the nickel plating itself. That tends to occur with any fluids as it ages since the water will overtime take in metal ions. With some elbow grease and polishing it can be removed.

Could it be that the particles in the fluid slowly eroded the nickel plating? I use clear fluid since 2 years and didn't have any problems so far.

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D,  RAM: 64 GB Gskill Trident Z DDR5 @6200 Cl32, GPU: Asus RTX 4090 Strix OC, Pump: 2 Aquacomputer D5 Next @ 60% (~160 l/h), Radiators: 2 Mo-Ra3 360 and 1 XSPC  RX360V3 with 21 fans @650 RPM.