Can someone tell me the major differences between the iphone 11s and galaxy s10s

SoulWolfX

Title says all. I want the main differences other than the obvious like os.

Well, the 11 uses an a13 biotic chip, while the Samsung uses a snapdragon 855, not the newer 865, differences can be found here:https://www.notebookcheck.net/A13-Bionic-vs-855-vs-A12-Bionic_11496_11491_10166.247596.0.html. Screen wise the S10 has a QHD AMOLED display and the iPhone 11 has a barely over 720p screen, being 1792x828. The phone Chasse itself are both made out of glass, with the S10 having an indisplay fingerprint sensor and the iPhone rocking face ID. The S10 has 3 cameras and the iPhone has 2 both have similar camera results in practice though. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I hope this helped.

17 hours ago, h e n_t a i said:

Well, the 11 uses an a13 biotic chip, while the Samsung uses a snapdragon 855, not the newer 865, differences can be found here:https://www.notebookcheck.net/A13-Bionic-vs-855-vs-A12-Bionic_11496_11491_10166.247596.0.html. Screen wise the S10 has a QHD AMOLED display and the iPhone 11 has a barely over 720p screen, being 1792x828. The phone Chasse itself are both made out of glass, with the S10 having an indisplay fingerprint sensor and the iPhone rocking face ID. The S10 has 3 cameras and the iPhone has 2 both have similar camera results in practice though. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I hope this helped.

what about the other models like 11 pro cuz if only 720p thats not very good. my 60 dollar phone has a 1080p display like wut

1 hour ago, SoulWolfX said:

b r u h

i mean... in all honesty... it really is just the OS aside from a few minor things like a wide camera, biometric security, design etc. 

1 minute ago, Saksham said:

i mean... in all honesty... it really is just the OS aside from a few minor things like a wide camera, biometric security, design etc. 

yeah i dont really have an os preference. aslong as i can get the apps i need im good.

9 hours ago, PacketMan said:

Operating System

Like, really, that's the only thing

S10e <-> iPhone 11

S10   <-> iPhone 11 Pro

S10+ <-> iPhone 11 Pro Max

It's just the operating system, and the fact that the S10s have headphone jack. Honestly, you would be better going for something cheaper since considering a Samsung or an iPhone makes me think you will only browse social media, take pics and play some casual game, and you can do all of that with a $300 phone with a pretty decent camera.

I wouldn't go for any S10 (maybe the S10e for the screen size), but for a OnePlus 7/7 Pro/7T/7T Pro, the Pixel 4 or whatever if you really want it to last and avoid planned obsolescence (remember, if your Samsung starts struggling with battery, warranty will do shit, and the S8 just had 2 years support and now it's over so the same for S9 and S10)

But yeah, it's just OS, headphone jack and FaceID/fingerprint sensor

s10 and iphone 11 are the only real options for me. the pixel 4 is garbo and i want updates and support for a long time. 

On 12/5/2019 at 2:12 PM, SoulWolfX said:

what about the other models like 11 pro cuz if only 720p thats not very good. my 60 dollar phone has a 1080p display like wut

Still 326ppi, impossible to tell the difference between pixels. Every iPhone since the 4 was 326ppi ( have 2 of these and 2 4Ss), Plus was 401 ppi (I had that), X and such are 458ppi or more IIRC (I have that now). Little to no difference in sharpness, at worse it's extremely very slightly maybe possibly noticeable if you have a magnifying glass. Lower resolution also lets the phone be a little snappier and the battery lasts longer, both things also seen with the iPhone SE (6S SoC packed inside a smaller phone with a lower res screen). 

11 Pro has the same res as the X AFAIK, so around 458ppi. 

10 minutes ago, SoulWolfX said:

s10 and iphone 11 are the only real options for me. the pixel 4 is garbo and i want updates and support for a long time. 

iPhone then. Samsung is known for horrible software support, even for flagships. They usually cap out at 2 years, Apple usually goes 3+, in the case of the 5S and 6 Plus, 4-5 years. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Still 326ppi, impossible to tell the difference between pixels. Every iPhone since the 4 was 326ppi ( have 2 of these and 2 4Ss), Plus was 401 ppi (I had that), X and such are 458ppi or more IIRC (I have that now). Little to no difference in sharpness, at worse it's extremely very slightly maybe possibly noticeable if you have a magnifying glass. Lower resolution also lets the phone be a little snappier and the battery lasts longer, both things also seen with the iPhone SE (6S SoC packed inside a smaller phone with a lower res screen). 

11 Pro has the same res as the X AFAIK, so around 458ppi. 

iPhone then. Samsung is known for horrible software support, even for flagships. They usually cap out at 2 years, Apple usually goes 3+, in the case of the 5S and 6 Plus, 4-5 years. 

issue is, iphone is very limiting with software.

2 minutes ago, SoulWolfX said:

issue is, iphone is very limiting with software.

Then get the S10 and deal with software support being eh. If you don't like iOS, don't get the iPhone. If you don't like how android OEMs treat their devices software-wise, either get one that can run a custom ROM, or get an iPhone. If you don't want either then uh... Blackberry? Do they still run their own OS? 

Point being you've gotta give up something somewhere, what you give up depends on your personal preference. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Then get the S10 and deal with software support being eh. If you don't like iOS, don't get the iPhone. If you don't like how android OEMs treat their devices software-wise, either get one that can run a custom ROM, or get an iPhone. If you don't want either then uh... Blackberry? Do they still run their own OS? 

Point being you've gotta give up something somewhere, what you give up depends on your personal preference. 

I want support for atleast 2 years. most apps, and a fair amount of customization.

Display and colors matter.

1 minute ago, SoulWolfX said:

I want support for atleast 2 years. most apps, and a fair amount of customization.

Display and colors matter.

Both have stellar colors and displays, the difference between my iPhone X and an XR (same screen as the 11 basically, and this is OLED at 458ppi vs IPS at 326ppi) is that the blacks on my X would look better if you sat in a pitch black room and looked at it, or do a lot of extremely contrast dependent stuff. Samsungs displays are stellar too, in fact, Apple's displays are Samsung panels. Neither is lacking in the eyeball candy department as far as screens are concerned.

Support for 2 years, probably get that with Samsung? Updates are often slow though, some phones don't get major releases of Android till a year later. Whereas every iPhone gets the latest iOS it supports at the same time as every other iPhone. Apple is typically fast with security updates too. As for customization, on iOS you can change your wallpaper and choose text sizes, then dark or light mode. That's about it, lol. Whether or not that's enough is up to you. 

Main PC 

Both have stellar colors and displays, the difference between my iPhone X and an XR (same screen as the 11 basically, and this is OLED at 458ppi vs IPS at 326ppi) is that the blacks on my X would look better if you sat in a pitch black room and looked at it, or do a lot of extremely contrast dependent stuff. Samsungs displays are stellar too, in fact, Apple's displays are Samsung panels. Neither is lacking in the eyeball candy department as far as screens are concerned.

Support for 2 years, probably get that with Samsung? Updates are often slow though, some phones don't get major releases of Android till a year later. Whereas every iPhone gets the latest iOS it supports at the same time as every other iPhone. Apple is typically fast with security updates too. As for customization, on iOS you can change your wallpaper and choose text sizes, then dark or light mode. That's about it, lol. Whether or not that's enough is up to you. 

I feel a samsung may be better for me, as it wouldn't take aslong 2 get used 2 as iphone, and the customization on ios would be enough except for the fact that stock ios cant install non appstore app meaning i cant use apps such as youtube vanced

Just now, SoulWolfX said:

I feel a samsung may be better for me, as it wouldn't take aslong 2 get used 2 as iphone, and the customization on ios would be enough except for the fact that stock ios cant install non appstore app meaning i cant use apps such as youtube vanced

Then S10 it is, ez. 

Main PC 

12 hours ago, huilun02 said:

So why even consider an iPhone if you need to root/Magisk?

dont mind jailbreaking

10 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Is there even a YouTube vanced for iPhones?

there is a different app that has most of the same features.

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

I see.

As it stands to your very broad question, the major differences between the Samsung and iPhones:

Also the new iPhones dont allow for fingerprint unlock.

I highly suggest picking a phone based on your wants, usage pattern, and likes/dislikes of what you are currently using.

All the bad things you wish wasnt there

All the good stuff you want but wasnt there

All the things it could do better

Battery life, storage solution, device shape and size, screen type and size, performance for the apps you use, connectivity and synergy with your other equipment

Now is the time to address it all. But only if you take the time to think about it.

Id like way more storage, way better battery life, bigger screen 6 - 6.7 inches? I want good performance, I mainly use youtube light photoshop like programs and video editors, discord, twitter, instagram, and reddit. aswell as some games. I don't care about synergy. 
I have the lgk30

I wish there wasn't 17gb of bloatware

I wish it was way faster
I wish you could actually update it.