Can't install linux

I'm trying to install kali on VMware and VirtualBox, but when I download the custom image, there's no .iso, just a .zip or an .ova and I can't run it because of that. What should I do?

PS: I've tried on kali's official page and in offensive-security's one, but it's the same thing!

So I'm not sure what custom image you're talking about, why not just use the standard Kali image on their downloads page those are ISO.

You should be using this page: https://www.kali.org/downloads/

You sure your not confusing it with the torrent file or something?

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

6 minutes ago, Labeled said:

So I'm not sure what custom image you're talking about, why not just use the standard Kali image on their downloads page those are ISO.

It's the one that offensive-security recommends you, but that's the one that downloads the zip

Just now, rcardocg said:

It's the one that offensive-security recommends you, but that's the one that downloads the zip

Can you give us the link rather than me going and trying to find it.

Also - the page I linked is Kali's official distribution, so

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

1 minute ago, limegorilla said:

You should be using this page: https://www.kali.org/downloads/

You sure your not confusing it with the torrent file or something?

Yeah, I thought that it was a problem with winrar, but when I checked, it was compatible with iso. So I don't know what to do now

Okay so I looked up the file extention, and it should work. You've got an Open Vertualization File there (OVF) so basically you should either create or add the machine in VirtualBox. Up at the top their should be two buttons, Add and new. Try both

Bow down to me humans.

9 minutes ago, limegorilla said:

Okay so I looked up the file extention, and it should work. You've got an Open Vertualization File there (OVF) so basically you should either create or add the machine in VirtualBox. Up at the top their should be two buttons, Add and new. Try both

Thanks man, I'll try it out

11 hours ago, rcardocg said:

ova

That's a virtual disk format, you downloaded a premade virtualbox vm. You can just open that with virtualbox.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*