ATH-M50xBT white noise/hiss?

Just recently bought the M50xBTs and was experiencing a significant amount of white noise/hissing that was noticeable even while playing music at low volumes. The most annoying thing is that after ~30 seconds of not playing audio the hiss would go away making it very apparent that there was indeed hissing before.

I sent it in for a RMA thinking that it had to be a defective unit, but audio technica just got back to me saying that there was nothing wrong. Is this hissing normal? Does anyone else with the M50xBT experience this problem?

3 hours ago, IVIemories said:

Just recently bought the M50xBTs and was experiencing a significant amount of white noise/hissing that was noticeable even while playing music at low volumes. The most annoying thing is that after ~30 seconds of not playing audio the hiss would go away making it very apparent that there was indeed hissing before.

I sent it in for a RMA thinking that it had to be a defective unit, but audio technica just got back to me saying that there was nothing wrong. Is this hissing normal? Does anyone else with the M50xBT experience this problem?

Most Bluetooth headphones have a bit of noise but should disappear when music is playing. But that sounds like a defect.

12 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Most Bluetooth headphones have a bit of noise but should disappear when music is playing. But that sounds like a defect.

The static is roughly comparable to my pxc 550s with ANC on, but the audio technicas dont have ANC at all.

The main issue is that the static just completely disappears after 30 seconds of no audio which makes it very noticeable when it's gone.

1 minute ago, IVIemories said:

The static is roughly comparable to my pxc 550s with ANC on, but the audio technicas dont have ANC at all.

The main issue is that the static just completely disappears after 30 seconds of no audio which makes it very noticeable when it's gone.

Yeah if I had that I would have returned it and grabbed something else. ATH m50 kinda isn't great and hasn't ever been great and hearing issues like this makes me sad

In case anyone comes across this thread in the future, I went back to the store and tried another pair of M50s, and they had the exact same problem. It would appear this is a issue with all M50xBT headphones; needless to say I highly recommend you do not buy this pair of headphones unless you can give the bluetooth audio functionality a test in a quiet room, or just buy the wired version.

On 12/3/2019 at 12:19 AM, IVIemories said:

I have a pair of AT earbuds that do this exact thing. I don't think its a defect.

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3