OBS : Wired connection has slower upload speed than wireless . Help help help

sam3777

When i connect my computer wirelessly i get 10000 KBPS (upload speed) but when i connect wired using lan cable it drops to 1000KBPS 

Help

Sometimes I find computers that are incorrectly negotiating their speed with the router. Try manually setting the desired speed to gigabit: 

Device Manager > Network adapters > The correct network adapter > Advanced > Speed & Duplex.

Also, do you have any passthru devices between your PC and the router? Like a desk phone or other employer-provided network doodad. 

image.png.c168579e4997d2624d577f486711d420.png

Intel 11700K - Gigabyte 3080 Ti- Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro - Sabrent Rocket NVME - Corsair 16GB DDR4

or his computer does not have a gigabit internal LAN card.  I know right.  I recently got a relatively new laptop were it has internal AC wireless, but the LAN is still 100.  Crazy.  Another thing to check is the router, make sure that there is not any prioritizing items set, that would prioritize wireless over wired, and last but not least, check your cable.  Is the cable damaged, is it at least CAT 5e?

Though that is still a wide variant... you are talking about 1/8th of a MB per second on Wired and 1 1/4 MB per second on WiFi.

definitely should not be anything to do with the network speed negotiation to the router/switch in my opinion.

Another scenario to check is, are you using the WiFi built into the modem or are you using a router WiFi attached to it?  Sometimes you get better throughput on a direct modem connection since it is not being forced to do a Double NAT.  Generally it does not slow things down much, but depending on the router, it can.

Also if your computer is not negotiating the correct speed by itself, I would be looking at the cable since the only time I have ever had negotiation problems outside of cables, and that is in virtual environments where there are no cables.

Good luck

I'm most interested to know how you are getting the numbers? AFAIK OBS doesn't have direct way for it. You can kinda see it if you know for sure connection is the cap on how much bitrate you can push out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv