Help! Corsair H150i CPU Fan not detected!

ManArt

Just finished my new build in which I have a Maximus hero Xi wi-fi, intel 9770k; thing is, whenever I turn it on, I get a message that there´s no CPU fan!! I don´t know what to do, please help. 

2 minutes ago, ManArt said:

Just finished my new build in which I have a Maximus hero Xi wi-fi, intel 9770k; thing is, whenever I turn it on, I get a message that there´s no CPU fan!! I don´t know what to do, please help. 

Either plug in the sensor (single) wire into the CPU fan header or disable the detect CPU fan option in the UEFI/BIOS.

8 minutes ago, Blai5e said:

Either plug in the sensor (single) wire into the CPU fan header or disable the detect CPU fan option in the UEFI/BIOS.

Is it safe to disable the CPU fan option?

I personally prefer to have something important running on the cpu header be it pump speed or a cpu fan. That being said I have my VRM fan connected to my cpu header and my pump and rad fans connected to my commander pro with safety shut offs in place in case anything fails. At any rate having the pump sense wire on the CPU header will allow you to monitor pump speeds if you can't otherwise.

More links in my profile! Builds: Project(Main Rig): Cosmos Sv2 -- 2nd PC: Old School AMD -- Project: HD4890 Revival,

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Specs Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Cosmos Sv2:

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.1ghz
  • Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-A
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000
  • GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Turbo
  • Case: Modded Cosmos S (Cosmos Sv2)
  • Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe, 2x WD Red 2TB raid 1, 150GB Toshiba 2.5"
  • PSU: Corsair HX850
  • Display(s): Samsung LC32JG50QQNZA 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz, LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz
  • Cooling: Custom Loop
  • Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum
  • Mouse: Corsair Dark Core
  • Sound: Oboard with Logitech something or other 5.1 speakers and HyperX Headset
  • PC Part Picker URL: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/NotSoEpicMods/saved/LYysZL

Old School AMD:

• CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev1.0
  • RAM: 16GB Patriot Sector 5
  • GPU: XFX HD 7950
  • Case: Cougar MX330-G Glass Window
  • Storage: 2x HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 
  • PSU: Corsair 650W
  • Display(s): Samsung 32"
  • Cooling: Hyper 212+
  • Keyboard: Logitech G110
  • Mouse: Logitech M100
  • Sound: HyperX Headset

5 hours ago, ManArt said:

Is it safe to disable the CPU fan option?

The cpu fan error shows up when there's the rpm is not detected or too low on the cpu_fan header.

If you're going to run fans at low rpm or not using that header, feel free to turn off that setting. There's no need to worry as long as the fans are spinning and temps are fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.