Is an exhaust fan necessary?

Deuxez

I got the fractal design core 1000, with 1 fan in the front sucking air in, and one on the side panel sucking fresh air in for the gpu and also a fan on the PSU, but im wondering should i go buy a fan for the back of the case as a exhaust fan other than the PSU fan? A normal 120mm fan wont fit there either, so ill have to buy something like a 80mm fan or something AND a fan splitter too, since my mobo only got 2 fan ports. SPECS:

r3 2200g

8gb dual channel 2933mhz OC

xfx rs rx 480 4gb (worst heatsink ever made, super hot and loud)

asrock a320m-hdv r3.0

1tb kingston as400 SSD

500gb HDD.

corsair cx500m

Bildresultat för core 1000 fractal design

Of course, the back exhaust fan is an absolute must!

120mm fan, i am sure it fits 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

I would have said you don't need it with that CPU,  but then you have a very loud (read hot) GPU you definitely need one.  And yeah, I think 120mm would fit.  Or 80mm doesn't really matter.  And fan splitters are really cheap (I recommend noctua) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I do not think its really necessary to have an exhaust fan as you have the PSU exhausting air from the top of the case.

However, this doesn't mean it couldn't help remove extra hot air generated but he GPU. Fan splitters aren't to hard to come by.

25 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Of course, the back exhaust fan is an absolute must!

120mm fan, i am sure it fits 

Are you sure, I believe its a space for 92mm fans.

55 minutes ago, Ertman said:

Are you sure, I believe its a space for 92mm fans.

Yeh i think its a 92mm fan. i tried it with a normal 120mm fan and it was to big, i didnt really know any other size so i went with 80mm.

EDIT: looked it up on their website, and yep, its 92mm.image.png.3b3b84a58f17c4f71bb30adec48addd5.png

I would add cheap fans to rear and side panel. Intake side from side and exhaust from rear.

What are your load temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your load temps?

CPU stays around 60c, with stock cooler and no OC.

Gpu stays around 65-72c at ~2000rpm, no oc there either.

@WoodenMarker

10 hours ago, DankDeuxez said:

CPU stays around 60c, with stock cooler and no OC.

Gpu stays around 65-72c at ~2000rpm, no oc there either.

Those temps are fine so there isn't any need to change your cooling unless you're unsatisfied with it for some reason. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.