Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bklynman671

Help with fan set up.

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I have a phanteks p350x. I will be using a cooler master front mounted rad. I have 3 fans. So my question is should the top fans be intake while the rear fan and the 2 rad fans are exhaust?  I have been overthinking this way to much. Advice from.somebody with experience would greatly be appreciated. 

4 minutes ago, Bklynman671 said:

So I have a phanteks p350x. I will be using a cooler master front mounted rad. I have 3 fans. So my question is should the top fans be intake while the rear fan and the 2 rad fans are exhaust?  I have been overthinking this way to much. Advice from.somebody with experience would greatly be appreciated. 

Have your front fans as intake, top and back as exhaust. You can put the rad at the front or the recommended configuration is to have it at the top and exhausting the hot air. 

Noctua NF or Corsair ML? ‖ PSU Tier List

NOTE TO NEWCOMERS Remember to 'Reply' to comments in order for people to see them, this can be done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds

Blueberry Pi : R7 3800X ‖ Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX ‖ Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16GB 3200MHz ‖ EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB ‖ EVGA 850W P2 ‖ Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue) ‖ Corsair ML Blue LED Fans ‖ Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower

Gaming PC (Updated) : i7-8700k OC@5.0GHz (Delid) ‖ Asus Z370-G Gaming Wi-Fi mATX ‖ Corsair Vengeance LED (Blue) 2x16GB 3000MHz ‖ EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX 8GB ‖ EVGA 750W P2 ‖ Corsair H100i Pro ‖ Corsair ML RGB Fans ‖ Corsair Crystal 280x mATX Case

Mini Work PC: R7 1700 ‖ Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX ‖ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz (White) ‖ Asus RX 580 Dual Series 8GB ‖ Corsair SF 450W ‖ Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L RGB ‖ Silverstone Sugo SG13WB Mini ITX Case

Mini Home PC : i7-6700k ‖ MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX ‖ G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz ‖ Intel Integrated Graphics ‖ Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU ‖ Cryorig C7 ‖ Velka 3 rev 1.2 Mini ITX Case (Grey)

Laptop: Dell XPS13 (2017) ‖ i7-7550U ‖ 16GB DDR3 RAM ‖ Intel Integrated Graphics ‖ 1TB NVME M.2 ‖ QHD+ (4K) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Sold PC's: Big White

Posted · Original PosterOP

That's how I want it but apparently a top mounted rad is not really a thing in this case. So it most likely has to be a front mounted rad. And well the fans are rgb so I want them visible over just seeing the rad...so they would be pushing air through the rad correct?

agree on the top exhaust. just think on how air of different temperature moves. warm air rises, cold air sinks.

8 hours ago, Bklynman671 said:

That's how I want it but apparently a top mounted rad is not really a thing in this case. So it most likely has to be a front mounted rad. And well the fans are rgb so I want them visible over just seeing the rad...so they would be pushing air through the rad correct?

yep. just ramp up the fan speeds a bit so more air can go through for the rest of the case.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

PS: i cooled a Ryzen 5 3600(65W) with ID cooling SE207 (200W-250W tdp lol)