Triple rad in a Corsair obsidian series 750D

So I want to put a triple 120 mm radiator in my 750d. Is this practical or possible without having it mounted on top of the case. 

The case natively supports 360mm rads in the top except you lose a drive bay generally

well, who uses those anyways

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

the top supports 360 rad, and with some modding, probably the front too.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

The front might but again I think it would require me removing my optical drive bays and moving my HDDs

The top oddly enough has mounting points for a 360 rad natively yes but only top mounted which I have tried and it just looks well ugly.

You could probably do some modding to the front of the case, but natively 360mm rads are only supported on the top

-Hippeminecraft

So I want to put a triple 120 mm radiator in my 750d. Is this practical or possible without having it mounted on top of the case. 

it is both, if you are looking for a cool and quiet build. there are some restrictions, though.

depending on motherboard choice, the 8-pin CPU power can foul the roof radiator if

60mm or thicker. most use the Alphacool XT45 360 or EK XT360 as both are 45mm thick.

allows a single fan set and good performance.

mounting the radiator to the front intake although a good spot is terrible. the front panel and

filter really suffocate the intake air used to cool the radiator (240/280/modded 360). so most

for performance mount the 240 on the floor and let the front intake case air.

it is both, if you are looking for a cool and quiet build. there are some restrictions, though.

depending on motherboard choice, the 8-pin CPU power can foul the roof radiator if

60mm or thicker. most use the Alphacool XT45 360 or EK XT360 as both are 45mm thick.

allows a single fan set and good performance.

mounting the radiator to the front intake although a good spot is terrible. the front panel and

filter really suffocate the intake air used to cool the radiator (240/280/modded 360). so most

for performance mount the 240 on the floor and let the front intake case air.

You can actually mod the case to support 360 in the top, 240 in the front, 240 down the bottom. You will have to remove the optical bays though, and probably drill some mounting holes higher than the ones already there for the front radiator. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

I may just end up selling my 360 or saving it because Because I really do not want to rip out my 4 drive bays.

then i could just do a 240 on top and front and a 120 on the bottom

You can actually mod the case to support 360 in the top, 240 in the front, 240 down the bottom. You will have to remove the optical bays though, and probably drill some mounting holes higher than the ones already there for the front

actually you can get away with a 280 in the front

You can actually mod the case to support 360 in the top, 240 in the front, 240 down the bottom. You will have to remove the optical bays though, and probably drill some mounting holes higher than the ones already there for the front radiator. 

yes, i already know this:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/82227-can-not-afford-a-900d-got-a-750d-instead/#entry1123649

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/74069-update-corsair-750d-and-60mm-radiators/#entry1014771

but on other forums owners are having tough issues installing 60mm radiators in

the roof with certain motherboards. kind of a heads-up for the OP as no mention

of thickness was released.

yes, i already know this:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/82227-can-not-afford-a-900d-got-a-750d-instead/#entry1123649

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/74069-update-corsair-750d-and-60mm-radiators/#entry1014771

but on other forums owners are having tough issues installing 60mm radiators in

the roof with certain motherboards. kind of a heads-up for the OP as no mention

of thickness was released.

Yup, completely agree, personally I usually just go with the thinner radiators, e.g. the 30mm ones, is there even any benefit going with a thicker one?

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

I may just end up selling my 360 or saving it because Because I really do not want to rip out my 4 drive bays.

then i could just do a 240 on top and front and a 120 on the bottom

actually you can get away with a 280 in the front

what 360 radiator do you have? what motherboard?

i wouldn't use the front intake especially for a 280 as the front panel is very restrictive

and will not allow a lot of air-flow to provide needed air support for cooling. most commented

using a 240 a 13° decrease in temperature by simply removing the front cover.

Yup, completely agree, personally I usually just go with the thinner radiators, e.g. the 30mm ones, is there even any benefit going with a thicker one?

yes, about 9°-18° cooler temperatures depending on fan speed and fin array used.

yes, about 9°-18° cooler temperatures depending on fan speed and fin array used.

9 - 18 degrees? wow, that's nuts! 

Also, had a question for you, I saw your build where you had a 360 and 240mm down the bottom on their side, what's the airflow like, cause both of them will be up against a solid side panel. I might be interested in doing the same thing, so tempted to get a 750D now. 

Also, had a question for you, I saw your build where you had a 360 and 240mm down the bottom on their side, what's the airflow like, cause both of them will be up against a solid side panel. I might be interested in doing the same thing, so tempted to get a 750D now. 

so far this is a mock-up and not completed. the air would have to come through custom side panels both left and rightside.